Changing o-Rings on corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggreg66

Reaction score
I bought 3 Cornelius kegs on eBay recently and only just got around to using them. They were sold as being in 'great working order' - and they clearly weren't. I think one of them has a different brand lid as it just doesn't seal very well, each time I purge the gas to drop pressure (from force carbing to serving) it then needs a good fiddle to get it to seal right - and I've with and without varying amounts of petroleum gel.

Anyway, I can't return it as I bought it 3 months ago and have only just used it. I kegged a dry hopped pale ale which had a beautiful hop aroma and now all it tastes of is the lemony smell that was in the keg when I bought it!!! SO ANNOYING!!! I'm hoping that if I buy new o-rings I'm going to have a chance of getting rid of that lemon taste for future batches..... and am assuming that my poor dry hopped pale has had it??

(maybe I could sanitise a muslin bag and dry hop in the keg for a few days to combat the lemon keg smell??)

O-rings, cleaning the inside of your dip tube and gas tube...possibly a short soak in oxyclean free too.

Back