Champagne style beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Champagne bottles often have a bigger lip. For maybe 50% of them you will need a 29mm capper. So make sure your capper can handle this, i.e. there is a 29mm bell available for your capper.

I got my bottles at the recycle center. Being in Utah, whenever the locals have a huge party there is a lot of Martinellis cider being drunk, these fit the "normal" beer caps. You can go buy a fancy hotel bar and promise the bartenders some homebrew if they put aside champagne bottle for you. Take an unused beer cap with you so you can determine which bottles will fit your capper. I know J champagne from Jordan works, korbels does not.

I've been buying DFH beers (or Cigar City, or The Bruery beers) to obtain 750ml champagne style brown bottles.

Haven't tried capping them, though??

I've always recapped sparkling wine if we don't drink it all in one sitting. It has seemed to work fine. I have an old, old, old antique bench capper, though.

Back