Cereal killer discontinued?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmr9

Reaction score
I was looking to finally replace my old corona mill with a cereal killer. I checked the AIH website and they said sold out so I sent a message asking when they expected to have them back in stock. They replied by the end of the month, so I thought cool I’ll order one then. Now I find that they aren’t on the website at all and when you google search and click the link, it redirects to the hullwrecker instead. Has the good old cereal killer been discontinued?

What a bummer. Probably to be replaced by a lower quality mill for the same price or more. Back to the drawing board I suppose!

Looks like they (Northern Brewer)just changed the name to hullwrecker based on appearances . But I may be mistaken . the added grip on the crank looks like the only change .

I have a Millers Mill Pilot. It looks like they are out of business also. Really good quality for my needs.

I wonder if the crop duster is their new “budget friendly” model. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for reviews on it. It might be just fine but now I’m thinking if I’m bumped out of the $99 range into the ~$130 range I had might as well do more research into it and see what the best is at that price point.

Looks like they (Northern Brewer)just changed the name to hullwrecker based on appearances . But I may be mistaken . the added grip on the crank looks like the only change .
The important thing to check is the material that the rollers are made of and the bearing construction/design. This is where the Cereal Killer punches above its weight class. If they cheap out it will be with rollers that lose their grip because the metal is soft.

Bummer on the CK. Im extra glad I forced myself to buy one about a month ago.

I believe Hullwrecker has been around for awhile. I remember looking into it a few years back but never purchased it. IIRC it had decent/good reviews, but was a bit out of my price range. It wouldn't shock me if its the same mill, but stamped with an NB logo.

The descriptions of the Hullwrecker don’t seem to mention the material of the rollers. It seems the malt muncher gets good reviews in that same price range.

I hate to say it and HBT will probably censure me but with all the gun violence and etc, they might have changed the name to something that sounded less violent.

I wouldn't be surprised , like most things nowadays if they didn't roll off the same Chinese assembly line.

Looks very similar indeed, but according to the Amazon listing, that mill has stainless steel rollers.
So, not a rebranded Cereal Killer, which uses hardened carbon steel rollers...

Cheers!

Back