Celebration brew suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marnel

Reaction score
I'm expecting my first child (son) this July and would like to brew some sort of celebratory brew to mark the occassion with. Normally i'm good at planning these sort of things but my mind has been all over the place lately and i'm drawing blanks. Hoping the HBT community can come through for me and give up some awesome recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

are you wanting something ready to drink by July or something to age for a while to mark the occasion with?

if it were me, i'd do something big like a tripel, barleywine, imperial stout, IIPA, sour, something along those lines... but that's just me. something i could enjoy over the course of a few years (maybe not the IIPA) to remember the birth with.

I'd suggest some type of nice lager like a munich helles. Should be very good by then and is a great summer celebratory beer.

Depends on what you're planning on doing with it. Is this something you want to lay down? Or do you just want to brew something extra special that you can brew and drink quickly?

If you want to lay something down, then go big. Belgian Golden Strong, Tripel, Belgian Dark Strong.

Something nice for the summer months that you can brew and drink quickly: Saison, Hefeweizen, Kolsch...

Thanks for the suggestions, i was thinking more along the lines of something that will be ready by july, nothing strong and something I can share with my friends and family who might not have quite the same passion for craft beer as myself.

congrats on your expected boy :mug:

Kolsch is great for non beer types, but still tasty enough for you. I just made some got that very reason.congrats

don't kill me here (some people here hate Belgians) but I think low gravity Belgian Wit would be good for summer and for celebrating a new kid. Get some orange, coriander, and paradise seed for it too.

Back