Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is... the most interesting cat in the world

1m6r8f.jpg

So I think we picked the names. We're gonna be getting a black lab soon and I'm naming him Hank. So I figured that the boy kitty acts like and makes a great Pete (anyone who has read Hank the cowdog as a kid or to their kids will get this). And the girl kitty is super sassy and will throw down with her brother so we felt like she made a great Lucy
Huge Hank the Cowdog fan! Read to my daughter many many of those and we're holding our "library" of them for next generation. Next dog might be Drover..
Good name choices!

Cuteness overload!

Pauli loves belly rubs. She got up beside me last night and curled up - I started petting her a bit and she rolled over and stretched out so I could give her a proper belly rub! :)

She is a very intelligent cat! You can't start a work in the house or in the garden without having her watching you in 30 sec :)

I had three cats, a mom and two of her boys. The boys were named Stupid and Idiot. Idiot ran off and became feral, I see him now and then around the neighborhood. The other two, Stupid and Kittyface, are tripods now. Kitty lost a front leg about two winters ago in an unknown accident, and stupid lost a rear leg when I left the rear window of my Jeep open one night.

Started my brew session early yesterday morning, and he has to be right there with me helping. He has his own dedicated spot on the table, and gets mad if I put anything on his pad or move it at all. Of course it helps that when I'm mashing or sparging, he usually gets some petting and attention!

IMG_2030.jpg

Thanks to both of you. He tends to be more of a puppy dog than a domestic cat.... walks on a leash (and harness), plays fetch, and when we're outside, stays very close. His great granddad was an african serval, so he is very shy and skittish, but if you are family, he is very affectionate and vocal. He is the most unusual animal I've had, and I've had many many cats and dogs.
But yes!!! I know my place in the relationship, and yes, he offers his opinion whether needed or not!!:tank:

Over the last ten years or so, I've gotten more attuned to cat behavior and habits. As a young, single guy in uniform traveling everywhere there was never time to bother with pets until getting my own house and slowing down a bit.
The wife came with two young cats she got from a Long Island animal shelter and it would be unthinkable NOT having them around. Both of them have their own personalities, social foibles, and motivations - just like people, but you have to communicate and understand them in a different way. After getting the house and becoming "domesticated" myself, it's pretty much decided as long as the means exist, there will always be space for animals in the house.

{...he is very shy and skittish, but if you are family, he is very affectionate and vocal.}
The larger one of my two is the same way. He gravitates to me, but with a hilarious twist.
I'm the ONLY adult male he'll tolerate in his presence. If there's a male visitor in the house, this 22lb. tom will be terrified and hide.
On the other hand, he doesn't mind the presence of girls or women and doesn't react the same way to my three boys. On one occasion when a guy entered the house to give me a personal interview, my cat practically shredded the stairwell carpet trying to run upstairs, but when girls come trick or treating on Halloween his butt is practically in their goodie bags wanting to know what's going on.
LMAO

The black and white is Terrance. Named after Meatwad's kitty in ATHF. Tabby kitten is Sterling, combination of naming him after his color, the hop varietal and Archer. Hits on both our pets, Terrance the pop culture reference and Porter the beer reference.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say this, but we had to euthanize our cat, Boo Boo tonight. He had a tumor in his lower jaw that opened up and he was no longer able to eat. Fortunately, there is a vet with a 24/7 hospital just a mile away and we took him right in.

We adopted him back in 2004, when he was a 5-year-old at the local Animal Humane Society. Boo Boo was named by us, as from day one, he got into EVERYTHING. He was like a dog: he would follow you everywhere, come when you called, beg for food at the dinner table, and wouldn't let you watch TV without him taking up a spot in your lap. I miss him already.

Here are a few pics from when he was younger: giving some attitude, and watching the Food Channel on TV.

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say this, but we had to euthanize our cat, Boo Boo tonight. He had a tumor in his lower jaw that opened up and he was no longer able to eat. Fortunately, there is a vet with a 24/7 hospital just a mile away and we took him right in.

We adopted him back in 2004, when he was a 5-year-old at the local Animal Humane Society. Boo Boo was named by us, as from day one, he got into EVERYTHING. He was like a dog: he would follow you everywhere, come when you called, beg for food at the dinner table, and wouldn't let you watch TV without him taking up a spot in your lap. I miss him already.

Here are a few pics from when he was younger: giving some attitude, and watching the Food Channel on TV.

So sorry for your loss. Raising a glass for boo boo tonight. Pets should definitely get to outlive us. Boo boo is now up in kitty heaven playing pain free with my Joey. Godspeed

So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss

I'm so sorry! Been there, had to do that more times than I care to remember. They pack a lot of love and joy into their short lives. Thanks for giving BooBoo a wonderful home and a dignified escape from pain when he needed it. Not an easy decision but the right one. He was one handsome feller!

So sorry for your loss Max. Sounds like Boo Boo lived the life most cats dream of.

We love them while they're here and cry like babies when we lose them. Sometimes we even tear up a bit at the loss of other people's pets. Im glad no one else is in the shop right now.

There are four photos. You can't prove that it's the same beer :ban:
True, but is is a cat and unless @Fedora has brought Barley 4 beers it's the same one cause cats are.......well......usually lazy and......cats. :D

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get on to "Hey you get down from there" aka Bella. This Sphynx is going through her terrible twos at six months. Walked in a room the other day and she was standing in the feed trey of a #12 meat grinder that was on top of a book case. No nook or cranny is left unexplored with her.

Back