Cascade Hop Oil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBelli

Beer Lover
Reaction score
I typically dry hop for 5-7 days and am happy with the results for the first 5-10 pints, but find that the aroma diminishes almost completely by the time I'm 25% into a keg.
I am familiar with hop shots being used for bittering beer, and I have been curious lately if there was any product available for hop aroma.

I came across this product called Cascade Hop Oil.... claiming that it replaces dry hopping with a hop oil made from cascade.... giving a consistent & repeatable result.
I like cascade aroma and thought it may be worth a try...

Has anyone used this before with good results??

My friend puts hops in a cheese cloth bag & ties fishing line to the bottom of the keg lid. He keeps it roughly 2" off the bottom. All his IPAs smell amazing when served.

Have you tried the hop oil since this post? I'd like to know if it works as well.

Have you tried the hop oil since this post? I'd like to know if it works as well.

I have tried the Cascade Oil and do not care for the aroma at all... While I think hop extract for aroma is the wave of the future it isn't ready for prime time just yet.

Latest posts

Back