Carmelized Sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you just brought my candi syrup to the next level. Oh & cookies, ice cream & baked goods ;)
Thanks!!

This morning I baked sugar @300* per the 1st article. The sugar brgan to liquify! The 2nd article reports sugar liquification @290*. I might try 280* for baking & caramelization. While some of my sugar re"powderized" in the food processor, some was too solid to work with. Good contributions though! Thank you :)

Thanks! :D It's good to hear the results you had (it might be a spell before I get around to this)! Sounds like it would be better to go a little low & slow(er). I'm thinking that as they stated in the second article that oven heat can be pretty inconsistent, and I like the fact that they take that into consideration by dropping the temps to 250F and the use of an aluminum foil cover to moderate heat extremes as the gas/heating element cycles. I know my oven seems to run a bit hot...

Latest posts

Back