Carbonator clone opportunity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodalegomaster

Reaction score
I noticed that the patient for the Carbonator expires on March 14 2012. That means that some one will be able to produce a clone product and make some cash and We customers will benefit by not having to pay $18.00 for 20 cent piece of plastic.

Looks like a great entrepreneurial opportunity to me!

karbonator.jpg

Nice. Although I imagine that sales aren't high enough to make a fortune off of. You would have to worry about your startup capital to get the form or mold or whatever made. Then you would have to sell enough (this is a super super super niche product, after all) to make that money back before you'd see any profit. And they're probably selling them for $10 wholesale. But I'd be glad to buy a cheap one from you. :tank:

I hate those goddamn things. everytime I use one I forget about it and lose it.

how do you get it off and then cap the bottle without loosing the presurization? Or do you have to leave it on, chill it, and then swap it out quickly for a cap once the co2 is absorbed?

Just leave it on and use it as the cap. It's made for one or two liter bottles, to take to parties and whatnot.

Back