Carbonation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mishraile

Reaction score
I know similar questions have been asked before but I didn't quite find what I was looking for with the search function.

Here is my Question:

I have one regulator on my CO2 tank, with a splitter coming off of it to two kegs. (or I will, I am in the process of building it). Is it possible to be somehow "force carbonating" one of those kegs at the same time of serving an already carbonated keg?

I know you carbonate at a higher PSI than you serve, so others that have used a setup like this before, what do you suggest? Do I need to take the one I am serving off gas for a couple days while I carbonate the other? Or is there a happy medium? Without having to buy another Regulator.

Without a secondary regulator, I'd shut off the gas to the serving tank. Or you could get longer beer lines so that you can serve at ~15 PSI without getting foamy beer.

This is why I like the set and forget method. Look up the pressure to give you the carb level you want then just leave it there for both carbing and serving. You just need to find the right line length for balance as Arcane pointed out. I have up to 6 kegs at one time hooked up to a single regulator in various stages of carbing and serving and I never have to touch the pressure.

The down side is all the kegs need to be at the same carb level, but I don't mind.

Back