Carbonation help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bracey

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the forum so nice to meet everyone. Having some trouble with undercarbonated beer when canning from SS Brewtech brite tank. Carb testing appropriately using tap rite but when connecting to our XPress filler and Oktober seamer, cans seem to be losing carb. Cracked one a week later and almost flat. Took sample from brite tank and it was great. There does not appear to be any leaking. No issues with sealer. Keeping everything cold including star San and lines prior to use. Any advice?
Thanks!
Stacey

When you say it was almost flat, was the can squishy before you opened it or was there just not as much phfffft sound when you opened it?

If you filled the cans or even bottles and left little headspace you won't get much sound at all when you open them. And very cold beer can be slow to give off it's bubbles.

Week may not be long enough if you are naturally carbonating them. Temperature can be important too. I keep mine at a higher temp right after capping than I did while fermenting.

Back