Carbonation Cap Bottle Filling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cata_rebel

Reaction score
Hi
I have few of those stainless steel carbonation cap for bottle filling whit co2 for To go beer and rubber sealer between bottle tread and cap is gone I need new sealer
Any ideas where can I find or size of it to look online
Thanks

Aren't these just the standard keg post gaskets?

This is my Ferroday adapter. Taken apart to show the insert.

Carbonation Cap.jpg

Last edited:
No, not at all, it's a flat thick washer that is captured when you thread on the flare fitting.
I don't know what size they are OD/ID/thickness but I bet if one took the cap apart and went to a hardware store a suitable replacement could be found.

The outside O-ring for the disconnect interface is indeed a standard post O-ring...

Cheers!

The inside of my ss carb cap, bought off Aliexpress years ago. I don't know if there's any kind of standard on these things.

carb_cap_insides.jpg

The big washer is 1.0" OD/0.75" ID and is 1/8" thick.
The smaller O-ring was a surprise - and I have a suspicion it's metric.
The OD as close as I can tell is 37/64" or .58", and the round profile is 7/64", so the ID is ~23/64", not similar to a keg diptube O-ring (much larger).

Not shown is the outside post O-ring as it's the standard keg post size.

An important consideration is the OD of the flat washer.
If it's too small it can get stuffed into the neck of a bottle instead of riding on the rim...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back