CantillonWatch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color and size are not a thing of importance to me. Really more of a collector piece. does anyone regularly use them as a serving vessel?...

we sort of do... if we are drinking a bunch of things we'll usually pour a little of everything into the jug as we go and then finish the night by drinking the cuvee. as long as you don't pour in the stouts or the whiskey (clintonpuckett ), it's usually better than you'd expect and pretty fun.

I was at the brewery today and this year's St Lam is on sale now - bottled 22-24th Oct 2014, limited to 3 per person. No Vigneronne to takeaway yet, so I assume it's still being labelled.

Fou Foune is just about still on sale but now limited to 3 per person - down to the last 30 or so cases. Lou Pepe Gueuze (2011 label) was on sale for a while today - again, 3 per person limit - though they ran out of labelled stock during the day.

I was at the brewery today and this year's St Lam is on sale now - bottled 22-24th Oct 2014, limited to 3 per person. No Vigneronne to takeaway yet, so I assume it's still being labelled.

Fou Foune is just about still on sale but now limited to 3 per person - down to the last 30 or so cases. Lou Pepe Gueuze (2011 label) was on sale for a while today - again, 3 per person limit - though they ran out of labelled stock during the day.

Went today, no more Fou Foune but St Lam and Lou Pepe Gueuze still available. Didn't have a chance to ask about Vigneronne but it wasn't there yet.

#FirstWorldProblems:
My Belgian mule won't be able to go to the brewery until end of Feb. Wonder if there'll be any St Lam left by then?

Hey Belgian/European guys, where do you get shippers? A buddy in Belgium wants to send me some stuff and I'd love it if he could just throw it in a 12-bottle styro shipper rather than having to box it all up himself. But finding that on my own is non-trivial.

12-shippers are non-existent here. Last time I shipped a box, I had to buy individual champagne shippers and packed them into a bigger box. Your best bet might be to send him a shipper first yourself.

12-shippers are non-existent here. Last time I shipped a box, I had to buy individual champagne shippers and packed them into a bigger box. Your best bet might be to send him a shipper first yourself.
Where'd you get the champagne shippers?

Macfarlane Packaging in the UK - not much help to a Belgian though, as they don't ship outside the UK. (I was home at Christmas so had some delivered then)

Those champagne shippers were great! If i could buy those particular ones regularly I would.

Hey Belgian/European guys, where do you get shippers? A buddy in Belgium wants to send me some stuff and I'd love it if he could just throw it in a 12-bottle styro shipper rather than having to box it all up himself. But finding that on my own is non-trivial.

insulated tubing like the rest of the Belgian shops use?

A shipper would be ideal because I want something that's as easy and fool-proof as possible.

Does your friend live anywhere near Antwerp? If so he could contact Belgium in a Box and drop the bottles off and have them shipped. He has done this for several people I know whilst traveling. The boxes were insanely well packed and the fee and shipping rates were more than fair.

cheers

Styroshippers are nonexistent over here. The cardboard shippers can be found, but extremely pricey for a regular consumers or actually just not able to find those either. The best bet is either good old fashion packing. But that usually means 11 bottles instead of 12 due to the extra bubble wrap needed. Or to ask the guys at Belgiaminabox. They basically use those swimming pool noodles to pack their beers.

Last edited:
Styroshippers are nonexistent over here. The cardboard shippers can be found, but extremely pricey for a regular consumers or actually just not able to find those either. The best bet is either good old fashion packing. But that usually means 11 bottles instead of 12 due to the extra bubble wrap needed. Or to ask the guys at Belgiaminabox. They basically use those swimming pool noodles to pack their beers.

welcome the site Trevor.... and yes the noodles are the way to go...

Does your friend live anywhere near Antwerp? If so he could contact Belgium in a Box and drop the bottles off and have them shipped. He has done this for several people I know whilst traveling. The boxes were insanely well packed and the fee and shipping rates were more than fair.

cheers
Actually I believe he does. I'll look into this, thanks!

ohh I didnt update this.
Last Thursday Feb 5 (and Sat. according to a friend)

To go:
LPG and St Lam 3 each
Magnums of Gueuze 1 per person
and some of the regular bottles were also available: rose, classic, grand cru and kriek

on premise only:
Zwanze 2012 -14, Mamouche, FF 14, LPK 12, Gueuze 2006, 50N4E, Pineau d'aunis

Last edited:
ohh I didnt update this.
Last Thursday Feb 5 (and Sat. according to a friend)

To go:
LPG and St Lam 3 each, Magnums 1 per person, rose, classic, grand cru and kriek

on premise only:
Zwanze 2012 -14, Mamouche, FF 14, LPK 12, Gueuze 2006, 50N4E, Pineau d'aunis
...Magnums of all 4? Goddamn.

what are the prices like on the in premise consumption bottles

Stupidly fair:)

D6MQ37Q.jpg

Latest posts

Back