CantillonWatch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of Monday, Oct 6th here is the available to-go bottles:
- Fou (limit 6)
- Classic (750s & 375s)
- Kriek (750s & 375s)
- Grand Cru Bruocsella (limit 6)
- LP Kriek (limit 3)
- Mamouche (limit 3)

//appears to be the same as HenrikO posted a few days ago
I just sent a message out to my trade partner in the Netherlands. He is not on here, but I think he goes to BA occasionally... I hope he can make it out... Fou is by far my favorite beer. I love apricots! Thanks for the thread HenrikO !!

Anyone have an idea how long Fou typically lasts at the brewery? Have a buddy going in a month and he was asking if there was a chance it'd be around

Last year I was able to get bottles in early November. I think it was released earlier this year but it seems like they sent less out for distro so it'll last longer at the brewery.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone have any idea where I can get OGV bottles? Also what are the hours for Drie Font?

Last year I was able to get bottles in early November. I think it was released earlier this year but it seems like they sent less out for distro so it'll last longer at the brewery.
My sense is also that Fou already has lasted longer than last year. When I was there I saw a whole roomful of unlabeled Fou bottles (in addition to the pallets of boxed Fou I saw in the warehouse area), so maybe there is more to go around this year.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone have any idea where I can get OGV bottles? Also what are the hours for Drie Font?

At Cantillon they have the 2006 vintage for sale (only for on-site consumption). At the 3 fonteinen restaurant you can try OG 1997 and 2001.

Yesterday they still had FF and LP Kriek for sale btw.

There are lots of places where you can drink OGV on-site, though it's getting harder and harder to find. But I don't know of anywhere that has it available to go regularly. Basically the only time you can guarantee you'll get some is 3F's Open Beer Days around their anniversary (early Sept IIRC).

Man, sucks I feel like I'll probably miss out on bottles of Fou. I'll be in Belgium mid December! I'm curious to see what will be left when I get there. Thanks for the list btw, I will definitely keep using this as a reference.

Highlights of today:
- Drinking Friendship Blend
- 3 Year Single Barrel Lambic
- 50 N - 4 E
- Zwanze (2104)
- 1997 3F Oude Geuze

Plus a full suitcase of FF and LPK.
They still have tons everyone.
Shout out to Dan and Mike!
did they have the first 3 available for in-house?

I think you need to get chummy with Jean to get those. Sadly he was not there when I visited. I really want to try Friendship Blend. Oh well.
yeah I didn't really press anything with him or bring gifts...

Zwanze 2012 - 2014
50N
Vintage classic (06 last time I was there)
+ what's currently available is usually ( ie what's been around the past 7 months) available for onsite.

friendship might also be on site now since some was bottled recently?

My visit to Cantillon has been delayed, had to cruise right by Brussels because my wife is sick. :( Hopefully I'll get back by there in a couple of days!

Last edited:
Highlights of today:
- Drinking Friendship Blend
- 3 Year Single Barrel Lambic
- 50 N - 4 E
- Zwanze (2104)
- 1997 3F Oude Geuze

Plus a full suitcase of FF and LPK.
They still have tons everyone.
Shout out to Dan and Mike!

You almost forgot d-bag hop grower guy. ;)

Jean also broke out some grape varietal lambic which was incredible. Tasted more of a sweet white wine than a traditional lambic.

You almost forgot d-bag hop grower guy. ;)

Jean also broke out some grape varietal lambic which was incredible. Tasted more of a sweet white wine than a traditional lambic.

I think you were there when I was, around 1:30 this afternoon?

Here was the to go beer list,
3 Mamouche, 6 & 12 Gueuze, 6 Bruchella, 3 LP Kriek, 6 FF
They were bottling St. Lam, that's what Jean told us our sample was.

I think you were there when I was, around 1:30 this afternoon?

Here was the to go beer list,
3 Mamouche, 6 & 12 Gueuze, 6 Bruchella, 3 LP Kriek, 6 FF
They were bottling St. Lam, that's what Jean told us our sample was.

Are you talking about *this* very day's afternoon or around 1:30 that given day? But yeah, they just got in a ton of bottles and looked like they were beginning to bottle St. Lam.

Are you talking about *this* very day's afternoon or around 1:30 that given day? But yeah, they just got in a ton of bottles and looked like they were beginning to bottle St. Lam.

1:30 today. We were told by Jean that they were bottling St Lam and he gave us samples of it in a small wine glass.

they were bottling St Lam
ilt.gif

heading there December 15th, arriving late morning and will hang out until my wife is ready to go (could take a while, she likes cantillon)

Any chance any of the FF/LPK will still be around? would kill for a FF haul.

Anybody else around/want to meet up? any Europeans need beer brought to them?

cheers!
Nathan

Any chance any of the FF/LPK will still be around? would kill for a FF haul.
Hard to tell. Normally I would say no but Fou has already lasted longer this year than it did last year (because they hold more of it back at the brewery precisely so that they can sell more of it there). Maybe you'll get lucky?

Hard to tell. Normally I would say no but Fou has already lasted longer this year than it did last year (because they hold more of it back at the brewery precisely so that they can sell more of it there). Maybe you'll get lucky?

fingers crossed, it's definitely a favorite of ours! anybody know what usually comes out in Nov/Dec?

cheers!
Nathan

fingers crossed, it's definitely a favorite of ours! anybody know what usually comes out in Nov/Dec?

cheers!
Nathan
St Lam and Vigneronne may be out at that time (especially St Lam as someone said earlier in the thread that it's being bottled), though sometimes those don't show until January.

Also note that it does not seem like Lou Pepe Gueuze has been released yet this year (if there even will be a release this year), only Lou Pepe Kriek and Framboise. And the '14 batch of Rosé de Gambrinus has not hit the brewery either, I'm pretty sure. So those may be available if you're lucky.

Also note that it does not seem like Lou Pepe Gueuze has been released yet this year
Sure doesn't. At this point LPG is two label years behind LPK and LPF, unless I somehow missed 2011 coming out (entirely possible).

ridglens you just going to be there for the day on the 15th? I'll be coming into town the 18th if you want to meet up.

Unfortunately yes, we are actually just extending a layover on the way to Dubai for a wedding. We'll be in Paris from the 13th to the 16th, taking a train up to Brussels the morning of the 15th and just staying the day.

That's unfortunate ridglens. Sounds like a fun trip! If any of you guys want to meet up with me while I'm there (12/18 to 12/20) I'm going to bring some cigar city stuff to share with people. I'm seriously hoping I can still get my hands on some FF and LPK!

Back