CantillonWatch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imma be there sometime tomorrow between 2:15 and 4:00 (depending on which train we can catch)... yes i know they close at 5:00 but an hour is worth it!

will have my wife with me, and executing a trade or two. would be in for splitting some Zwanze / 50N if anyone is around! i'll be wearing a red polo and probably a Bears hat, and possibly a black Columbia jacket.

mmmmmmmm zwanze

Edit: Also, my name is "Nathan"... or "talkbeer bro?" will work as well.

I'll be the tall dude in a blue shirt and black cardigan acting all hard on Talkbeer through my phone. Let's split a bottle or two!

Today for take away there was:

6 bottle limit: Gueuze, Kriek, Rose de Gambrinus (all both sizes); Foufoune
3 bottle limit: Grand Cru Bruocsella, Mamouche, Lou Pepe Kriek

Drink-in list below:

5iobjbe.jpg

If any spare LPk or Fou made it in your luggage...

I could come to Brussels the 18th, been meaning to visit Moeder Lambic for a while now. What do you plan on doing?

Leaving for Norway today! Will be in Brussels the 18th and 19th if you'd like to meet up or if anybody else would like to meet up! Cannot wait!
Will be there the 19th and 20th, just a day trip from Bonn (Cologne). My wife and I will be staying near Midi, will definitely visit Moeder as well, up for sharing something at Cantillon or trading or whatever.

cheers

I could come to Brussels the 18th, been meaning to visit Moeder Lambic for a while now. What do you plan on doing?

Awesome! Yeah, we're definitely going to be going to do Cantillon and Moeder in the same day on the 18th. If you come you're more than welcome to join us!

Will be there the 19th and 20th, just a day trip from Bonn (Cologne). My wife and I will be staying near Midi, will definitely visit Moeder as well, up for sharing something at Cantillon or trading or whatever.

cheers

Nice! Not sure exactly what our plan is for the 19th but I know we're going to head to Beersel to go to 3 Font. Our hostel is only a 15 minute walk from Cantillon so we will more than likely be there again on the 19th.

Awesome! Yeah, we're definitely going to be going to do Cantillon and Moeder in the same day on the 18th. If you come you're more than welcome to join us!
If you don't mind me tagging along then I think I will! I'll check if some of my friends are willing to go as well but I think that most of them will be working. First time meeting internet people so I'm not sure what will happen but visiting Cantillon/Moeder I can only imagine it will be fun!

If you don't mind me tagging along then I think I will! I'll check if some of my friends are willing to go as well but I think that most of them will be working. First time meeting internet people so I'm not sure what will happen but visiting Cantillon/Moeder I can only imagine it will be fun!
Have you seen hostel?

Is there a thread that will tell me if stille nacht reserva 14 will be at de dolle on Sunday? Not sure it's releasing this year or not though.

Just came across this message and as far as I know, stille nacht reserva will only be released at a Belgian beer festival this weekend and there will be no bottles to take home.

Also no stile nacht reserva this year for sale, met kris(sp?) from de dolle at cantillon on Friday, place was empty at 10:30 so jean opened some new bottles:)

Also I can confirm Jean/cantillon will be donating again to Brews for New Avenues 2015, sept 12 in pdx:)

You mean donating to de Garde to inspire even bigger goodies from them this year, right?

Right?

Poop.

You mean donating to de Garde to inspire even bigger goodies from them this year, right?

Right?

Poop.
Jean is quite intrigued by all the crazy things in Oregon, we discussed for some time. Ill be back there in a month or so, told him I would bring some De Garde:) And I will bring you and Linsey some goodies in September.

Jean is quite intrigued by all the crazy things in Oregon, we discussed for some time. Ill be back there in a month or so, told him I would bring some De Garde:) And I will bring you and Linsey some goodies in September.

You know, you could also put a bug in his ear about Zwanze...
Seems an all authentically wild brewery out here would be a good fit now that their last location for hosting in Oregon is closing...
And you KNOW we'd price it right...
Will send love notes and beer...
:)

Edit: watchu bringing him?

Seems an all authentically wild brewery out here would be a good fit now that their last location for hosting in Oregon is closing...

Thats a good idea, I will tell him! We will be talking more about bottles and keg(s) for Brews 2015 soon:)
Not sure what I will bring, couple bottles. Shmeal keeps dropping de garde bombs on my porch, and cavemanlawyer just added to that recently! Maybe Beaucoup Desay and Black Raz Bu? or recent keepers... any preferences?

The new releases and Belle Ensemble should be right up his alley. Im not sure too many folks would be pissed at Black Raz though. :)

We're planning numerous big bottles for next year, and hoping to come up with a special blend or single cask for the event. Cant wait!

Do you mean Apex? I heard their lease is 2 more years or something like that. But I wouldn't mind a drive to Tillamook for some De Garde/Cantillon side by side!!

I'll be the tall dude in a blue shirt and black cardigan acting all hard on Talkbeer through my phone. Let's split a bottle or two!

Hey man, thanks again for the 50n last weekend, soooo good! Sorry they closed the bar before i could return the favor.

It was a pleasure meeting you and chatting over great beer, hopefully we can do it again some day!
Cheers!

No worries man, pleasure was all mine! Hope you had a nice trip, was nice relaxing with you guys for a bit. Tell me if you're ever in Norway and we can split some bottles :)

Was there two weeks ago and all the bottle limits were the same. Had 50N4E there and was honestly pretty disappointed. Was nice to say that my first FF experience was at the brewery though!

They've had something both of the last two times I've been there, but they might not have the color/size you want.
Color and size are not a thing of importance to me. Really more of a collector piece. does anyone regularly use them as a serving vessel?...

Back