Can't Use Perlicks - Touching Collar and Lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButcherBrew

Reaction score
:mad:

Got a Perlick today and swapped out one of my 4 Chrome Faucets. I never would have thought this would have been an issue but it now would appear that I cut the shank holes too low on my 12 inch collar. (Just below half way). The perlicks have a more of an angle towards the collar on my keezer and it is causing my tap handles to touch the top of the keezer. (Not closing all the way)

I swear that through my keezer build process that I never read about this being a problem for others.....

Is there something you guys have done to get around this? I guess I could use a shorter tap handle but I love my wooden handles with the chalkboard on top!

Any thoughts? :(

buy some angle bonnets for the top of the faucet to adjust the angle of your handle, these are very common for those of us who use upright keezers. They are a couple bucks for chrome plated and 9 bucks for SS at most online shops (kegworks, etc.). Your LHBS might be nicer but mine wants my first born ($15) for each one.

This is what i am going 2 buy cuz i have the same problem.

buy some angle bonnets for the top of the faucet to adjust the angle of your handle, these are very common for those of us who use upright keezers. They are a couple bucks for chrome plated and 9 bucks for SS at most online shops (kegworks, etc.). Your LHBS might be nicer but mine wants my first born ($15) for each one.

Gosh I love this forum! Never knew they made such a thing. Thanks to all for your responses. Will start looking around asap. Cheers

Unfortunately, you received good advice. I was going to tell you to get rid of your Perlicks and sell them to me since they are clearly not working for you...

If anyone stumbles on to this thread in the future, I also found them a bit cheaper at kegworks.com

5.25 for Chrome and Brass
9.95 for Stainless

Cheers all!

Back