Can't reattach corny posts??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayday99

Reaction score
Got a couple of corny kegs from Midwest recently (Dr Pepper) kegs were in the usual shape and were holding pressure.

Went to change out all the o-rings prior to cleaning and the posts on one of the kegs were stuck on there like a *****. Took a lot of strength and a long craftsmen wrench to get them off.

Now I go to reattach the posts, and the damn things won't screw on. Tried some other posts, and they fit fine. Not sure what the deal is or if any of you have encountered this.

These are my 5th and 6th corny kegs and I have never encountered this issue before.

Did you swap the gas and beer posts. They are different sizes internally on mine so they will only fit the side they were originally on.

I have the same problem with one of my liquid posts. It seems like it's screwing into the dip tube, as it gets stuck before it even makes it to the threading it's supposed to screw into.

Did you swap the gas and beer posts. They are different sizes internally on mine so they will only fit the side they were originally on.

Nope, have them on the right side, and other posts fit, so there is something definitely different/wrong with these posts. Almost like the thread inside them does not go down far enough. I wonder how the hell they got these attached in the first place.

I have the same problem with one of my liquid posts. It seems like it's screwing into the dip tube, as it gets stuck before it even makes it to the threading it's supposed to screw into.

Make sure the dip tube isn't pushing against the bottom of the keg, could prevent it from going all the way flush with the top of the threads. This is especially true if you've bent the dip tube so as to not suck up all the yeast.

Holy Cow, I feel like an idiot now. After all that I DID somehow swap the posts. Sheesh I even put a special color o-ring on the gas Post (which was the liquid post after all). Wish I could blame this on too many home brews. This particular gas side in post does not have the usual star pattern, so I guess I mixed them up.

Back