Can't get rid of foam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
So I took the advise on this forum to get longer beer lines so my foaming issue would go away. I went and got ice maker line (165 PSI) and I have a 12 feet of line now. I hooked everything up and I STILL get the same amount of foam. I have the PSI set to 5 PSI. Any ideas?

Seems odd. Are you sure your beer didn't get overcarbonated at some point? I run 10' lines at 10-12psi with what I would consider the perfect amount of foam.

I do think at some point the beer was over carbed (15 psi). It was a hefe, so I tried to carb high. I released all pressure for three days and purged daily to try and lower the carb level in the beer.

The ID of the line is 1/4 inch.

Temp hasn't mattered. Right now it is 50 degrees, but I've had this issue when the beer was at as low as 34 degrees.

I am pretty new to kegging (2nd beer to keg), so thanks for helping me out. My first beer was able to be poured perfectly.

If you were trying to use a local HD line , your gonna have to look for 3/16" line. I thought I had seen some at Home depot, but you may be better off ordering some 10' of 3/16" line from kegconnection.

Back