Canned Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oberonsd73

Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm looking for suggestions for good canned brew. I have an occasion where I cannot bring bottles... so am looking for suggestions.

I've found and liked at BevMo:
(a bunch of UK beers like
Boddingtons
Newcastle
Tetleys
Guiness)
and
Witerkerke

any others? Places to find them? In in San Diego if that helps.
thx
-jason

any others? Places to find them? In in San Diego if that helps.
thx
-jason

Stone is distributing Oskar Blues' stuff now. I have not seen it in the stores myself, but haven't been looking. I bet they would be happy to tell you where it is though. Even better, call it a good reason to go there and ask in person.;)

+0.75 (is that possible?)

I'd like them up:
Old Chub
tenfiddy
Gordens
Dales.

The real question is who wants to go in on a canning machine and some blank cans? I want to can some beer!

I'm with you on that (the order, not the canning machine!)

I like Old Chub a lot.

Also, the Maui Coconut Porter is fantastic. I don't really like the 21st Amendment stuff as much, but it is out there.

As far as SD goes, it depends on which part of the county you're in. Bevo Mos are going to be your best choice if you're central, but if you're farther North you can get to Pizza Port Carlsbad or Holiday Wine Cellar.

If you're in the south bay, there is South Bay Drugs and Liquor, and they JUST sent out an email about the Maui Brewing stuff no more than 10 minutes ago.

+1 on going to Stone to ask... I might have to do just that

I've driven by Holiday Wine Cellar. But never went in. I guess I'm missing out!

Thx for all the tips!

Stone is a distributor though. The Stone Brewery won't carry it.

But somewhere there might know... and while I'm there they might need someone to help drink all that beer!
And, if no one knows... well.. i still win

I just picked up a 6 pack of Dale's Pale Ale at Texas Liquor in Carlsbad.
It is absolutely delicious, but a bit pricey at $11.
I was impressed with their selection (at least as good as PPort down the street) but I think they might even be a bit more expensive.
That didn't stop me from buying a $13 bottle of Saison Rue, though.

Back