Canadian Wort Chiller!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K3vin24

Reaction score
So I was making this beer tonight and ran out of ice (I really need an actual wort chiller), but anyways I just tossed it in a snow bank on my deck - kinda thought I might be funny for some who have never seen snow!

Next time, I would advise to cover the kettle as it's sitting there. May as well minimize any chances of... off items... getting in there.
Otherwise, yeah, been there done that, especially in my old apartment. A freezing day is a good way to get things cooled down fairly quickly.

I just did the same with a 15 minute PA on Saturday. Pitched in the morning. The only pain is trying to manipulate 6 gallons of boiling wort without wearing it. ;)

For sure I agree with keeping it covered. I did have it covered, just took it off to take a temp reading and the quick picture. I was a little paranoid that a few of the neighbourhood cats could be potential 'off items' as you said haha.

Latest posts

Back