can you mix your own beer gas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BK_BREWERY

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can mix your own beer gas if you have seperate nitrogen bottle, and a co2 bottle, or would it be best to have one of them filled by a supplier with premixed beer gas?

if you can mix your own how would one do that?

or can you lightly carb then push with nitro? whats the best way?

this is for a stout i will be making for christmas time off a newly acquired nitro tap

how would you get the desired effect with seperate bottles? what about just buying a bottle of already blended gas?

how would you get the desired effect with seperate bottles? what about just buying a bottle of already blended gas?

I think he meant a seperate beer gas bottle aside from your regular C02. It's much cheaper for the homebrewer to buy a bottle pre-blended.

we blend the gas at my work. its not hard at all, its just the equip. we blend the gas and sell the mixed bottles. you ned a bunch of high presure houses and some good gauges. thats about it. having said that, unless you know what your doing, please dont do it.

i had a guy ask me the other day about filling his small o2 bottle from his larger one using his torch hose. i said dont and begged him not to try it. his order came in for next week and also included a new set of torch hoses.

I think he meant a seperate beer gas bottle aside from your regular C02. It's much cheaper for the homebrewer to buy a bottle pre-blended.

Yes, that's what i meant, sorry for the confusion. It much cheaper to have seperate CO2 and beer gas bottles on the scale of a home brewery.

ok so buy premixed,

do you know what type of bottle they prefer to put the beer gas in? should it be a nitrogen bottle, or a co2 bottle? i can adapt the gauges to either the CGA320 or CGA580 valve.

Kind of a pain, but you can carbonate with CO2, then push with N2. But you have to add some CO2 at pressure every 4-5 pints, unless you're floating the keg in a day.

Latest posts

Back