Can someone reccomend a bottling wand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorRobert

Reaction score
I have tried 2. The first one I got - the spring sucked and leaked. I got a different one, that spring was perfect, but the wand was made out of this really stiff plastic which would break and crack easy when attaching to the spigot.

I use the fermtech bottling wand without the spring. It's connected to a 3.5-4 foot length of 3/8" tubing I can connect to the Italian spigot on my bottling bucket. I put my bottles on top of my old 12 pack cooler,& can sit down to bottle. Works great. & keep the tube attached to the bottling wand. Still easy to clean/sanitize.

I've stopped using a bottling wand for the same reason - I have a long plastic tube from a broken siphon and a plastic clip. When the bottle fills, I just close the clip until I get it into the next one.
You can probably get the same effect by pulling the valve off a bottling wand.
I don't bottle that many because I mainly keg, but I've used this for batches of wine too and it works fine.

Back