Can I use this keg again?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crypticx666

Reaction score
I bought this keg from Kijiji today and I didn't realize it has like a 1.5" cork in the side of it... Can I actually use CO2 and pressurize this keg and use it for home brew again? I need to know what to do about this cork hole!:drunk:

Keg 1.jpg

Looks sweet. Get yourself a beer engine and pour real ale off of it. Warm and flat is where its at! I would be a bit skeptical of putting any significant amount of pressure to it, although I have no experience with that type. I work with a guy who apparently has a dozen or so of them from Schlitz a zillion years ago. Halfway contemplating bugging him for one or two.

I'd keep it on it's side, put some oak chips in there and use it as a secondary.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I was hoping to use it Post fermentation but I guess using it for fermentation seems to be the most popular opinion. :tank:

Back