Can I make wine from these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fendersrule

Reaction score
And if so, how much effort and I looking for for a easy and quick table wine?

0.jpg

As I understand it, non wine grapes tend to be very acidic and lower in sugar, so you usually add water to lower the acids and sugar to reach desired SG. So you’d mash them and test the juice first.

Seedless grapes are table grapes. If they have seeds, they were probably planted for wine making. Go fir it.

Table grape variety, no seeds. My guess is that it's more work than it's worth....

Table grape variety, no seeds. My guess is that it's more work than it's worth....

Nah, nuthin to lose. K.I.S.S.- squash them with a potato masher, put the whole mess of skins and all into a wide mouth jug, cover loosely and let her go. The wild yeast (the powder you see on the skins) will ferment it. Once the bubbling stops, strain it through anydam thing- tea strainer? cheese cloth? (coffee filters are too fine) into another vessel. Let it settle- days/weeks/years? Sample it at every step. Too acid? Think Hard Lemonade- ice?

( for the peanut gallery, KISS, and addict a newbie. He can turn connousier of homebrew later)

I do it every year! Let them get ripe, fully ripe, overripe even. Then crush, ferment on skins (you will have to add sugar to get to 1.090, dissolved in water) using 5-7 pounds per gallon. It's easier if you put the grapes in a HUGE laundry bag/muslin bag. If it's a large batch, use several separate bags.

After 5-7 days, press the grapes by squeezing all of the juice out, and move to secondary.

You will have to consider adding some tannin, and adjusting some of the acid out (cold stabilization is great for this), but you will get a drinkable wine out of this!

Latest posts

Back