Can cheese make me fat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLuna

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Cheese is a very tasty and nutritious food. It is combined with a variety of dishes to create great flavors. I seem to be addicted to cheese. But I think eating too much cheese will make me fat faster? Is that true? Hope everyone can give me the answer.
Thanks everyone.

1616213023130.png

this is the same way the last thread started out....to get things off...

i just ate 42g's parmesan dried cheese, which had 176 calories. and about 30% my daily value for most amino acids....bunch of cholesterol, no biggie. i'd post a nutrient screen shot but it's too tall. you'll just have to search the USDA's db.....

Consuming more calories (energy) than you exert means that your body will store that energy as fat. The more energy your body stores the more fat your body will store for future use. If future use is less than the fuel (calorie) you need to use the more fat will build up. Can eating cheese make you fat? Cheese ain't magic. You either burn calories or you store 'em.

Consuming more calories (energy) than you exert means that your body will store that energy as fat. The more energy your body stores the more fat your body will store for future use. If future use is less than the fuel (calorie) you need to use the more fat will build up. Can eating cheese make you fat? Cheese ain't magic. You either burn calories or you store 'em.
Thanks for your support

It really depends upon your genetics as to what will make you fat. I come from a family that has low tolerance for grains and very high tolerance for fats, especially saturated fats. Corn will make me blow up like a balloon, wheat is second worst for inflammation and water retention which translates into cellulite for women. But I can live on fresh vegetables, meat and high fat content and I will consistently maintain less than 20% body fat (which is very low for women). There is no one diet that is best for everyone. I was chronically overweight when I ate grains daily, but maintained perfect body weight and perfect heart health when I ate low carb, high fat. It works for me. It might not work for you though. My mother lives by the grain is good mantra and she has been chronically overweight her entire adult life and now has heart issues too.

Anyone with a dairy intolerance (no matter how mild) is going to carry weight by eating it.

Cheese has very few carbs (carbs are the main culprit in extreme weight gain). You won't get fat on cheese; it's too hard to eat a lot of it to make that happen. You can get fat on most of the things people eat with cheese.
The biggest pitfall, depending on the amount, is becoming constipated.
Moderation.

Back