Camlock Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek224

Reaction score
Need some advice. I have a blichmann top tier with all spike brewing kettles that have 3 piece valves and 1/2 nipples. I am wanting to upgrade to camlock fittings but am not sure what style to go with and what type of hose to use any advice would be much appreciated.:mug:

brew hardware is def the place to buy camlocks. they also sell high quality silicone hose which is what you want.

i started with the stainless quick disconnects from morebeer. super nice pieces of equipment buy holy cow expensive. as you develop your brewkit - who knows what connects you will need. camlocks work great and are much more affordable. you'll be glad you went this route down the road unless youre rich.

get yourself out a notepad and sketch our your brew system. sketch in the all the kettles, pumps etc so you can gain inventory of how many male, female, elbows etc of what you will need to order.

And then however many type F fittings you need...add at least 2 to that number. After placing a giant order for all my camlocks last week I ended up placing a 2nd order last night for another 2 F's because I didn't factor in a couple of components. They're only $4 as well.

And trying to find decent ones anywhere else on the internet sucks, Brew Hardware.com all the way.

So brewhardware is better than bargain fittings?

Not sure if it is necessarily "better" but I have been buying there for several years and Bobby is great. His products are perfect for the homebrewer and constantly evolving to make them better and his prices are great. He is also very responsive and has added to my order or changed it last minute before it shipped when I realized I forgot some items. He is also a regular here on the forums and a homebrewer himself.

I've ordered from both and both have great stuff and will work with you. Both are on this site all the time.
Just FYI, Bargain fittings has some sales going on right now. I just looked and Bobby dropped prices on his tubing too. Check them both out.

Careful with brewhardware... it's like a drug...He makes it easy to visualize ways you can use his products... I went to the site to buy a handful of fittings and ended up spending about $1k on a pile of awesome stuff I "just couldn't do without". It might be the end of my marriage if I keep this up...

His fittings are top notch though... I love "the big C" female camlock with full bore 1/2" ID hose barb. And it's the only site I could find a direct TC by male camlock adapter.

I spent so much with Bobby that when I went to buy a BrewHardware T-shirt the next day, he threw it in for free. Totally addicting. Sometimes I want to upgrade just because I can. GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

Another recommendation for brewhardware.com. Bobby is awesome, his customer service is amazing.

Like ChemEng said though, his site is like a drug...actually, I think I feel the need for another order now...must...have...more...stainless....:ban:

I had a problem with one of my camlocks in my most recent order from brewhardware (slight manufacturing defect). Bobby sent a replacement out within 30 seconds of me emailing him, no questions asked. Can't beat that service.

I'll give another nod to brewhardware.com. His stuff is all great quality and he provides awesome support and terrific explanations of what each piece of hardware would typically be used for.

Back