Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting direction for this band, hopefully they can dial it in...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q7RqG5wMxQ[/ame]

I may have forgotten to mention before just how awesome this record is...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkhkjonZhoE[/ame]

:rockin:

Man, what the hell is up with Greece lately? I mean great metal from there is nothing new (see above along with the last 3 records) but it's like some kind of resurgance is going on lately. If we see Dark Quarterer rise again anytime soon we'll know something's up over there for sure. And now there's this...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHMkIiRab0k[/ame]

:rockin:

New albums that have been stomping my teeth in:

Misery Index - Killing Gods
Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls (if you have had doubts, set them aside - this album rips)
Goatwhore - Constricting Rage of the Merciless
Benighted - Carnivore Sublime
Mastodon - Once More 'Round the Sun
Down - IV, Part 2
Midnight - No Mercy for Mayhem
Overkill - White Devil Armory
Aborted - The Necrotic Manifesto

Anyone else digging on any of this stuff?

Wow as a metal head this thread makes me feel old. 1986 was the epitome when RIB and MOP were released. Since then we have had a few good releases but the new wave (not nu metal) have taken over. Cheers to them, but none more metal than those awaiting hell

Wow as a metal head this thread makes me feel old. 1986 was the epitome when RIB and MOP were released. Since then we have had a few good releases but the new wave (not nu metal) have taken over. Cheers to them, but none more metal than those awaiting hell

taste has no age man! I'm 34 and can't listen to most of the crap that is put out these days! infact I'm listening to some candlemass right now.

Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls (if you have had doubts, set them aside - this album rips)
Down - IV, Part 2

I liked the new Priest record OK and the new Overkill a lot. That new GW record's not bad either but sounds pretty much like any other GW record.

Down - IV, Part 2

Hell yea!

This post will contain a rant, so if you’re not into that, just wait for Headbanger to keep posting bad ass metal!

I got into Nachtmystium via Decibel around (2006) via their glowing review of Instinct: Decay. That album is and will be one of my favorite black metal albums of all time. It was the perfect combination of USBM with very extreme psychedelic influences. I was tremendously stoked with Black Meddle: Vol 1 - Assassins as it took the psych influences further. When Black Meddle 2 came out folks started to **** on them, but I still love that record (danceable song and all... mind you I listened to a lot of industrial in my youth). I even enjoyed Silencing Machine, which was kind of a return to form for them (more traditionally sounding black metal songs, at least in the lens songs Nachtmysitum had created).

So then the lead singer, Black Judd, Mastermind of Nachtmystium, gets caught ripping off fans, promoters, distributors, and pretty much anyone else in contact with him. I read the articles and just cringe, as I own all the records, multiple shirts, etc. (hell I own a f*cking hat). BTW, he is severally addicted to heroin. JUNKY, with a capital J. BUT, I never got F*cked by him.

So they are supposed to release their "last" record and call it quits, The World We Left Behind. Cool, he is gonna write about his struggles, get clean (if he can), and release a bad ass album. Well folks, that DID NOT HAPPEN! I am not sure whether it was just contractual obligations or what, but the new Nactmystium is TERRIBLE! And I mean Terrible with a capital T. It sounds like it was phoned in. To make matters worse, the psychedelic nature of their earlier material is non-existent.

I am starting to believe what I have read on blogs and what not, that Blake would not have made it had he not had the great musicians he had around him, Chris Black, Jeff Wilson, Sanford Parker, WREST, and Will Lindsay. Minus the really early Norwegian BM bedroom BS he wrote early in his career, this is the first record he has written by himself. AND IT IS TERRIBLE!

I guess I am just bummed. I ain’t even gonna link a song to this thread. I am just wondering if any other fans have gotten embarrassed by a band you love?

Lately whenever my 7 year old is in the car with me he asks me to put on metal and then starts headbanging or air drumming. I never got around to telling him it's called metal, so he says something like, "play the cool/loud/crazy music."

This may not be a fav of some in here, but I think it is worth taking a look.

They are a band that ranges in age from 18-19 down (yes down) to 12 for the lead singer. The band has also done covers of Ozzy, Dio, Sabbath, Alice Cooper, as well as some 'tamer' stuff like Zeppelin and Janis Joplin, as well as a few original tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back