Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P8ieVfyEdZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was lucky enough to see Woods of Ypres at their 2nd to last show ever in Charlotte at the Milestone. My buddy's band Towering Pyre opened up for them. They seemed like awesome guys, and completely killed their set.

Haven't listened to them in a while. Thanks for reminding me. Woods IV: The Green Album will be spun tonight!

Didn't realize they were back from their grave:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJc91e3eyzI[/ame]

(here the song I loved back in the days, and still as a matter of fact)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUodo6OZRjY[/ame]

:tank::tank::tank::mug::mug::mug::mug::rockin::rockin::rockin:

AKA Apkoha in the motherland, this is the best folk record of the year so far IMO, maybe even the best I've heard since Rastlos for that matter...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWX1DO_rdTM[/ame]

:rockin:

ok, time for a debate/fuss session... hopefully we keep it civil. What would you say are the top 10 metal albums anyone NEEDS to own... here is one sample that I think is kinda close...though I will have a couple changes shortly... opinions?

I do take exception to the lack of AC/DC. other possible replacements at certain levels... Def Leppard and Scorpions

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408765370.370040.jpg

Sent from myPhone

ok, time for a debate/fuss session... hopefully we keep it civil. What would you say are the top 10 metal albums anyone NEEDS to own... here is one sample that I think is kinda close...though I will have a couple changes shortly... opinions?

Top 10 must own albums....

Testament - the Gathering
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Iron Maiden -Powerslave (or Seventh Son, or Somewhere In Time, or Number of the Beast, or....)
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Death - Symbolic
At the Gates -Slaughter of the Soul
Carcass - Heartwork
Edge of Sanity - The Purgatory Afterglow
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

...off the top of my head. There are so many that I would consider "must own", but these immediately come to mind. Really though, you can't go wrong with anything from Testament's discography; the first 7 Maiden albums; the first four (or five, depending on which camp you fall into) Metallica albums; the entire Death Discography, or anything Pantera with Phil. Also, Edge of Sanity is criminally underrated - Dan Swano is a friggin genius.

It's way to hard to nail down any kind of top ten list, there's just too much good music coming out in the last few years alone to make the list much longer than that. We may be able to come up with a best of the year or break things down by genre but picking ten metal records out of, literally, thousands would be a very daunting task to say the least, and, largely argumentative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keG9_GJLJj8

I do take exception to the lack of AC/DC. other possible replacements at certain levels... Def Leppard and Scorpions

I would definitely take out Saxon, Motorhead, and Manowar and add Scorpions, Def Leppard, and Quiet Riot, or Ad-Dc, also change the Priest, Sabbath, and Megadeth albums to something older.

I really like the 1st Van Halen, Ratt Out of the Cellar, Dokken Under LOck and Key, Slayer south of Heaven, Anthrax AMung the Living, Crue Shout at the Devil, Rush - Chronicles (if greatest hits allowed) and I would give Iron Maiden 3 of the top 10 spots if multi-entries allowed.

1-) Master of Puppets
2-) Peace of Mind
3-) Back in Black
3-) Holy Diver
4-) Powerslave
5-) Number of the Beast
6-) Blizzard of Oz
7-) Van Halen
:cool: Diary of a Madman
9-) Screaming for Vengeance
10-) Under Lock and Key

I forgot how graphic that last video actually is, until I watched it again (I had just listened to their album when posted it). I kind of feel bad posting it now, and I can't delete it now. As I said in the subject line and in the post, it is NOT SAFE FOR WORK, or really not safe for home (if you have children, wife, or anyone that is sensitive to violence).

Anyway, Dragged into Sunlight is one of those bands that legitimately scare the s*it out of me! I am looking forward to their new record (which supposedly comes out sometime this year).

I will not be upset if someone has a moderator delete the post above. And please, don't kick me out of the forum, because of one post!

DoomRider

I forgot how graphic that last video actually is, until I watched it again (I had just listened to their album when posted it). I kind of feel bad posting it now, and I can't delete it now. As I said in the subject line and in the post, it is NOT SAFE FOR WORK, or really not safe for home (if you have children, wife, or anyone that is sensitive to violence).

Anyway, Dragged into Sunlight is one of those bands that legitimately scare the s*it out of me! I am looking forward to their new record (which supposedly comes out sometime this year).

I will not be upset if someone has a moderator delete the post above. And please, don't kick me out of the forum, because of one post!

DoomRider

You can delete it if you want to just edit your post, didn't seem that graphic to me though.

DoomRider

First time I ever saw/heard of them was at Maryland Death Fest 3 years ago... They definitely are different!

Well, if FunnyCreature and Headbanger don't have any issues with that video, I am leaving it as is. But, before you click that link, you can't say that I didn't warn ya!

On a different note. Who has picked up the new Pallbearer album (Foundations of Burden)? I got it this weekend, and have been able to spin it a couple times. I am not crazy about a lot of new Trad-Doom, but this band is definitely doing it right! Huge Riffs, soaring vocals, and the production is spot on (due to the help of producer extraordinaire - Billy Anderson - Sleep, High on Fire, Red House Painters).

I know we have been talking more about accessible metal (and of course I post Dragged into Sunlight :cross: ), but this record can unquestionably be enjoyed by all. If you are into the first 4 classic Black Sabbath records, you will be down with this!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weTue5bGAvg[/ame]

Back