C- brite chlorine smell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
Used c brite to sanitize my bottles before bottling. It has a chlorine smell to it. Will that affect the taste of my beer?

I understand that C-Brite is a sanitizer. One kit I bought presented it that way, anyway. Either way, just make sure to rinse really well. If there isn't any of in your bottles, you won't taste it.

C-Brite is supposedly a no-rinse sanitizer. That being said, I don't trust it. Don't listen to me, I just started brewing - but after doing a sanitization and brief soak at the suggested strength of 0.8oz/5 gal, it still stank to high heaven of bleach. Of the two buckets I did, one still reeked a day later and the other one reeked and had crystallized sanitizer stuck in the bottom.

The moral of the story is that I've been using C-Brite, then rinsing it out 4 times with hot tapwater.

Should have done all of what you all have said. Does the hot tap water create unsanitary conditions n

Back