Buying a keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMike

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I'm working on buying a double keg system with the dual output regulator from Midwest Supply. This will be my first keg and attempt at kegging. What else should I buy? I'll put my list of ideas below. Please feel free to add or change anything.

Double Ball Lock Keg System w/ dual output regulator and new aluminum CO2 tank. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/dual-double-cornelius-keg-system.html

Keg Lube

Spare O-Ring set

Beer Line Cleaner

Anything else? Thanks.

Mike

I might say two sets of orings, I ordered the same kit last week and one of the kegs came dirty still and the orings are shot, I ended up ordering 4 sets from Northern Brewer since they are cheaper there. You will also need an adequately sized fridge :D

Don't scrimp on the regulator. The taprights are the best. I got that for my primary but got a single one for carbonating while the beer is in the closet and cheaped out and the regulator is crap. Won't hold consistent pressure levels. Everytime you look at it the reading is different. The cheap one is the "keg connection" branded regulator.

I might say two sets of orings, I ordered the same kit last week and one of the kegs came dirty still and the orings are shot, I ended up ordering 4 sets from Northern Brewer since they are cheaper there. You will also need an adequately sized fridge :D

I did the same thing. I bought two O-Ring replacement kits. Hopefully as spares, but we will see when the kegs arrive. Thanks.

I always get an extra gasket to go between the Co2 bottle and regulator and replace it every time. I hate Co2 leaks.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/regulator-gasket.html

Are you going to stick with the picnic faucets or jump in right away and install taps?

Good idea. That will be on my next order.

I'm gonna stick with the picnic faucets for now. I'm pretty sure that it will be no problem to install taps on my fridge door though. Any ideas on taps?

Back