busted shoulder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDuderino

Reaction score
i'm in mexico and having a good time, but my luck took a bad turn yesterday on the first day of my vacation when i was boogeyboarding and came off the top of a wave straight down on my shoulder. i'm now sporting a sling for the next month while i keep my right arm immobile. apparently i tore or separated a ligament on top and it needs time to heal and grow back. so i'm a little bit helpless trying to do everything with my non-dominant hand. on the upside, this is a nice place to be in any condition. i also had two xrays and a prompt and professional consultation with a doctor, who gave me his own cell phone number in case of problems or questions, and all of this cost $140.

i'm not supposed to use my arm for a month. i've got a beer to keg; i suppose i could enlist the help of a friend. any one-armed brewers out there with tricks/advice?

i apologize in advance to any of you who have injured yourself in a colder cloudier climate...

Back