Burger & Beer Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local beef, Swiss, pickles, mustard, ketchup on a Wheat Montana brioche bun,with some tater tots. HB American Wheat.
77D04FD2-B7FB-4CF9-BFBA-E2F5C20A3248.jpeg

The guy who started the Wheat Montana flour mill and bakery is a friend of mine. We served on the board of a farm organization back in the 80s and 90s.

I’ve been slumming it lately (had Wendy’s yesterday). I figured this raining horrible weather with my house full of sick people was the perfect day to make some quality burgers.

A 70/30 mix seasoned with my best friend’s secret spices and sharp cheddar cheese, on fresh brioche buns slathered with homemade mac sauce. My Rye Simcoe Ale is washing them down.

Attachments

• B5E08450-E1C3-4D51-AA2E-9F9467481448.jpeg
    B5E08450-E1C3-4D51-AA2E-9F9467481448.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I’ve been slumming it lately (had Wendy’s yesterday). I figured this raining horrible weather with my house full of sick people was the perfect day to make some quality burgers.

A 70/30 mix seasoned with my best friend’s secret spices and sharp cheddar cheese, on fresh brioche buns slathered with homemade mac sauce. My Rye Simcoe Ale is washing them down.
Hey, you used a grown-up plate this time! 😂

I don’t know if I can handle this. Where’s the cardboard box or food paper wrapper? This is equivalent to @bracconiere talking about using some fancy “new” hop or changing out his 30 generation yeast cake.

Tried to take the kids to Miller’s Ale House before a show we’re going to.

Took forever to seat us and then no waitress came so we had to leave. Ugh. At McDonald’s next door and honestly the kids are more excited than they were at Miller’s!

A new McD burger: Smoky BLT. Pretty good!

Attachments

• 90A5248E-41DE-4676-9D5A-D7B0A67A6B9F.jpeg
    90A5248E-41DE-4676-9D5A-D7B0A67A6B9F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
2BAE12FC-CBC5-4DB7-8169-5DD2C4427A59.jpeg
5F928AFA-E66D-4C4B-839B-E2CA66590392.jpeg
I had bought a full beef tenderloin at a great sale price, and made a Wellington for Christmas dinner. Cut some into filets and I was going to grind trimmings for hamburger. Its been so long since I’ve used the grinder I couldn’t find it, so truly chopped beef burger with mayo on multi-grain bread, and before anyone declares it looks too healthy that lean beef has duck fat mixed in and was fried in butter.

What's the consensus on which style of beer works best w burgers? I have an Ordinary Bitter in the fermenter now that I think may be in the top 5, so I'll be sure to report back once it's done.

While I generally prefer maltier beers with burgers, I generally prefer maltier beers in general. 😝

Seriously, I think the beauty of burgers is that they go with any beer style. They’re so varied on their own with endless ingredient combinations.

Early dinner with the wife & my daughters before a small gathering at my house for the Eve. Texas Roadhouse Smokehouse burger and a Sam Adams Cold Snap.

Happy New Year everyone!View attachment 809216
Ooo, is that a cheese lava flow moving off the plate on that perfectly cooked burger?

Back