Burger & Beer Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t think of this until after I took the pic so the beer is relegated to the background.

Asbury Park Brewery Stout paired with a 70/30 burger seasoned with my buddy’s secret mix (he’s a chef), American and mayo on a sesame bun. Close to 1/2lb if I had to guess.

I think I need another one…

(I eat a lot of burgers so more to come…)

Attachments

• 1C99D008-53E8-4D26-ADF8-1ED39C158339.jpeg
    1C99D008-53E8-4D26-ADF8-1ED39C158339.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
One more for the weekend!

Yard’s Brawler and another homemade burger, this time seasoned with a buttery steak seasoning, with red onion, mayo, American cheese on a Martin’s potato bun.

Come on let’s see some tasty burgers!

Attachments

• 427D14C3-7878-416A-AB5A-25F0922FB3EC.jpeg
    427D14C3-7878-416A-AB5A-25F0922FB3EC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Pepper as in ground black or whatever color pepper? What next, you want to know how much salt was sprinkled on the meat too? ;)

i mean everyone knows i like my beer dry, but everyone's buns seems arid! to me 160 calories for a pour instead of 200 means a lot, but a tblsp of mayo is only 100 for ONE burger! lol

edit: and yes i was ORIGINALLY think ground black, but now my mind is wondering on possibilities!

That looks great! I’m driving upstate for a weekend of hunting. I’m thinking burger for lunch… no beer though. 😢

I believe we’re making venison burgers for lunch tomorrow.

Indeed it is, though I’m hunting an hour north of the town. Swung through to grab beer on the way up.
Many years ago, I took the hunting cert course with hubby and the instructor portrayed as the Wild West of hunting with yahoos doing stupid stuff. As in farmer painting the word “cow” on their cows so an idiot, well you know. :oops: Congrats on your buck.

I rarely eat turkey burgers but the wife took out a package intending to make a meatloaf and failed at her mission.

Turkey burger with red onion and shredded cheddar mixed in on a potato bun with my Atonement Brown Porter.

Attachments

• F8091193-A977-4F45-AA1E-067CD05B7865.jpeg
    F8091193-A977-4F45-AA1E-067CD05B7865.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Not a burger, exactly, but the same ingredients in a slightly different form.

Cheeseburger sliders. Ground beef, fried with onions and Worcestershire, spread on a slab of dinner rolls, sliced in half. Spread with a sauce of mustard, ketchup and Mayo and topped with shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack. Heated in the oven until the cheese melts. The recipe calls for King’s Hawaiian rolls but my wife was baking rolls for dinner tomorrow so these are homemade. HB Blonde Ale.
A8632AC2-1F9B-40CF-AFF1-4F11B33BF850.jpeg

Pink peppercorn is real.

What Is Pink Peppercorn?​

Contrary to what their name might tell you about them, pink peppercorns aren't *actually* a peppercorn. In reality, they are dried, berries from a tree. Brazilian pepper trees and Peruvian pepper trees (both of which produce these berries) are typically found in hotter climates, so areas within the U.S where you may find one of these trees are California, Arizona, Florida, and Texas. The only reason that they're named as a peppercorn is because they are similar to peppercorns in shape and flavor — at the end of the day, these bright, tiny balls are nothing more than a humble berry.

What Is Pink Peppercorn?​

Contrary to what their name might tell you about them, pink peppercorns aren't *actually* a peppercorn. In reality, they are dried, berries from a tree. Brazilian pepper trees and Peruvian pepper trees (both of which produce these berries) are typically found in hotter climates, so areas within the U.S where you may find one of these trees are California, Arizona, Florida, and Texas. The only reason that they're named as a peppercorn is because they are similar to peppercorns in shape and flavor — at the end of the day, these bright, tiny balls are nothing more than a humble berry.
Apologies, and thank you for the lesson. A guy in my neck of the woods made a mead from them and didn’t explain that they were a berry, but now it makes sense that the pink “peppercorn” would have some sugar to ferment.

Back