Building Your Electric Brewery From Scratch (Complete Guide)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSkril

Reaction score
Fellow brewers,

The last few months I was working on an eBook on how to build an electric brewery. I finally finished it and the PDF is available here.

More information can be found on my blog.

It covers the complete control panel build, kettle weldless connections, complete part list so you know what to buy, ventilation, brew day step by step and much more.

I hope that this will help some people to make the move and brew electric.

Cheers!

DSC_0533_new_small.jpg

what am i getting out of downloading the pdf for 5 dollars that i don't from reading TheElectricBrewery website (that this controller seems to be cloned/loosely based on?) for free?

aka sell me on your book. dont get me wrong, it looks like a lot of work to put together, but is there anything proprietary/novel within? or more an amalgamated resource of various free references so one doesn't have to go through the legwork/research on their own?

what am i getting out of downloading the pdf for 5 dollars that i don't from reading TheElectricBrewery website (that this controller seems to be cloned/loosely based on?) for free?

aka sell me on your book. dont get me wrong, it looks like a lot of work to put together, but is there anything proprietary/novel within? or more an amalgamated resource of various free references so one doesn't have to go through the legwork/research on their own?

You can check out my control panel build and use the instructions without paying a cent. The PDF contains more detailed wiring instructions, but you can build the panel without it. If you check the parts and diagrams, you'll see that this control panel is not the same as the the Electric Brewery build.

The rest of the the document covers all you need to build the brewery. Did I reinvent the wheel? No, but I take a different approach. My control panel and brewery build is focused on quality and affordability. You can build my panel for less than $500.

You'll spend about 2K to build an electric brewery, the cost of a pint seems reasonable, rewarding someone for hard work an research.

To be honest, I don't want to sell you something. I want you to get hooked on E-HERMS! Just because it's so much fun to build an brew on such a system.

So, start your build and choose whatever suits you best. I'm right here to help where I can.

Cheers!

i have been looking through your site (for a while now, before today) wanted to clarify that my questions are out of interest, not trying to knock the book... pointing out the price was meant to say that it's relatively cheap given the overall costs, not as a complaint, though upon re-read, seems that may not have come out that way in text. posting from the hospital here and there while waiting for kid #2 to show up doesnt lend itself to well thought out replies lol.

i have been looking through your site (for a while now, before today) wanted to clarify that my questions are out of interest, not trying to knock the book... pointing out the price was meant to say that it's relatively cheap given the overall costs, not as a complaint, though upon re-read, seems that may not have come out that way in text. posting from the hospital here and there while waiting for kid #2 to show up doesnt lend itself to well thought out replies lol.

No worries, I get your point. I hope kid #2 is fine!

I purchased a used diy panel similar in style to this build using mypins and no volt meter. Something is wrong with it Im assuming either the pids or the contactors. I replaced ssrs and a few other things but then I bought a ebrewsupply kit that I built and love the broken one has since been collecting dust.

My question is what is the likelihood that I could use your guide to repair the broken panel I have so I can give it to a buddy looking to go electric?

I purchased a used diy panel similar in style to this build using mypins and no volt meter. Something is wrong with it Im assuming either the pids or the contactors. I replaced ssrs and a few other things but then I bought a ebrewsupply kit that I built and love the broken one has since been collecting dust.

My question is what is the likelihood that I could use your guide to repair the broken panel I have so I can give it to a buddy looking to go electric?

Open up a new thread, posting more information and pictures. I will help to troubleshoot were I can and I'm sure other people will do the same.

Ive tried troubleshooting with no luck and think I just need to gut the the pid and contactors. Im assuming something is faulty component wise. Was only able to get one element firing if I remember. There was some burnt out stuff inside that I had to pull including a melted ssr.

Ill send you a photo when I can pull it off the shelf.

Not looking for you to solve the problem more just wondering if I could use your pdf to pull apart what I have and replace parts in my box.

Back