Building a Pipeline (suggestions wanted)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MultumInParvo

Reaction score
I have ten empty kegs, and they must be filled.

My thought was to start a killer pipeline, but I am looking for some suggestions for what I should brew, and when I should brew it.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

First, a mild. I'll have no beer come January, and I'll want something fast.
A Cider. I have not normally been a cider lover, but others in my family are.
A big barley wine. Brew in mid-late January, open thanksgiving/christmas 2010.
A big IIPA. Brew early 2010, consumer late 2010.
Make a huge mead. Have some New Years 2011, periodic tastings there after.
Brew an Octoberfest in March.
Brew some wheat beers in late spring/early summer.

This is what I am currently thinking. Is there anything I should really have in a pipeline of ten kegs? I am also quite curious about when I should brew things so I drink them at the right time (winter warmers ready for winter, etc)

Any and all feedback is appreciated!:mug:

I'm not one to offer a great amount of insight on this as I build up a pipeline quickly doing 10 gallon batches and brewing about 8-10 times in a 2 month period (I can't brew much during the school year) but what I can recommend adding to the list is a nice stout for winter.

I made a Double Chocolate Stout back in February and tapped it in October (a bit early), or you could consider a RIS or something or the sort.

I generally brew a pumpkin ale July or August to have for the fall, thats another one you can consider making.

It really all comes down to how many kegs you want to have tied up for extended periods of time. And you don't have to stick 'Whats in season,' brew and serve what you like!

I'm not one to offer a great amount of insight on this as I build up a pipeline quickly doing 10 gallon batches and brewing about 8-10 times in a 2 month period (I can't brew much during the school year) but what I can recommend adding to the list is a nice stout for winter.

I made a Double Chocolate Stout back in February and tapped it in October (a bit early), or you could consider a RIS or something or the sort.

I generally brew a pumpkin ale July or August to have for the fall, thats another one you can consider making.

It really all comes down to how many kegs you want to have tied up for extended periods of time. And you don't have to stick 'Whats in season,' brew and serve what you like!

True. I was guessing that I would put in some 'normal stuff' such as some IPA's and certainly a stout here or there.

Thanks.

How about a paler beer too? Like a summer best bitter, Czech pils, fizzy yellow something, Belgian blonde, etc?

I'm also really into that jamil recipe "evil twin" it's a nice addition to any pipeline.

I've noticed that beers I plan too far out in the future end up changing because I've discovered something new I want to try.

Back