Building a kegerator - crossposting in Bottling and Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odnetni

Reaction score
>Obligatory first post nonsense<

Hi! I'm starting to look at building myself a kegerator. Ideally I'd be able to fit one corny inside to begin with and have room for another down the road.

So I'm wondering what dimensions would be required. The fridge I've considered picking up from craigslist to start with is 18x18.5x32.5 - externally. The picture shows a freezer compartment, removable shelving, and some obtrusions from the plastic body. Can I remove things like the freezer compartment and plastic 'shell' and still expect the fridge to function correctly?

Lastly - and I haven't done much reading on the subject yet, so forgive me if this comes off as a silly question - but is a co2 tank normally held inside the body, or externally, connected through another hole drilled in the side?

Actually, probably the easiest way to ask what I want to know, is 'What dimensions do I need to look for in a minifridge to fit two corny kegs and the appropriate co2 tank?'
So thanks for your time. I love this place - it's great to be part of a community that shares knowledge so freely and willingly. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back