Brulosophy Podcast: if Jersey and Tim were my neighbors I would move.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HockeyBoy29

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been covered here somewhere, but these fockers are absolutely ruining an otherwise great podcast. Cut the segment and keep up the good work. No really, cut the segment. Forever.

Yep, I know it's only 1 minute, but if you want to keep that dumba** segment put it at the end so people can just skip the end instead of fast-forwarding in the middle.

[PURPOSE]
To evaluate the difference between listening to "1 Minute Beer Review With Jersey & Tim" and two known unpleasant experiences.

[MEHODS]
Testers were forced to listen to "1 Minute Beer Review", forced to listen to Justin Bieber, and then buried alive. They were asked to pick the unique experience.

[RESULTS]
A total of 29 people of varying levels of experience participated. At this sample size, 15 testers (p<0.05) would have had to select the "1 Minute Beer Review" to reach statistical significance, though only 9 (p=0.67) did, indicating participants were unable to reliably tell the difference between listening to "1 Minute Beer Review" compared to listening to Justin Bieber and being buried alive.

They should treat that bit the same way Zane Lamprey's podcast treats Steve Mckenna's rambling, put it at the end so people who don't want to hear it can skip it easier.

Wow I’m completely opposite. Love that segment. Think it’s awesome if the go to the homebrew con. Great reminder that this is a hobby and it should be fun. And seriously I do brew my homebrew hoping for other people to enjoy it and that still includes people that don’t understand the idea of a beercation or standing in line at 4am for a noon bottle release.

the jingle rocks and the segment kicks ass!
maybe my favorite part of the show.
been thinking of sending them a beer to try out on air but not sure what to give them...
perhaps a juniper infused miller lite?

[PURPOSE]
To evaluate the difference between listening to "1 Minute Beer Review With Jersey & Tim" and two known unpleasant experiences.

[MEHODS]
Testers were forced to listen to "1 Minute Beer Review", forced to listen to Justin Bieber, and then buried alive. They were asked to pick the unique experience.

[RESULTS]
A total of 29 people of varying levels of experience participated. At this sample size, 15 testers (p<0.05) would have had to select the "1 Minute Beer Review" to reach statistical significance, though only 9 (p=0.67) did, indicating participants were unable to reliably tell the difference between listening to "1 Minute Beer Review" compared to listening to Justin Bieber and being buried alive.

Yet another not significant Brülosophy result;)

Seriously, this is my favorite part of the show. I only have one criticism - you can count on the more talkative guy saying, “We are learn’ed men.” at some point. They should switch it up with some, “Eureka, I’ve found it.” or “1.21 gigawatts.”

I’m finding myself not fast forwarding through them as often as I was, sorta like slowing down and gawking at a car wreck. My least favorite thing is when they say, “curs light.”

I would rather listen to Jersey and Tim than the nonsense bickering on the brewing network, I listened to 1 show and will never listen again. I don’t care how great the info is it’s not worth the brain space to filter it out.

I would rather listen to Jersey and Tim than the nonsense bickering on the brewing network, I listened to 1 show and will never listen again. I don’t care how great the info is it’s not worth the brain space to filter it out.
I stopped listening to them because I couldn't take them burping in my ears continually (usually wearing headphone). I'll take Jersey and Tim and discussion of non-sig exp all day over the burping and excessive swearing.

They should treat that bit the same way Zane Lamprey's podcast treats Steve Mckenna's rambling, put it at the end so people who don't want to hear it can skip it easier.

Wait...Zane Lamprey is still around? I loved that dude in Three Sheets! Not a fan of McKenna, though. Wasn't a fan of his in Drinking Made Easy.

Amen! Jersey and Tim are a brutal waste of time. Not Funny. And frankly rude. Why, as a beer aficionado, do I want to hear the opinions of a couple of jackasses who don't know a damn thing.

I don't get it...if these guys were my neighbors my wife would be pissed because I'd be hanging with them drinking beers all night instead of watching Grey's Anatomy on the couch with her! It's my favorite segment.

[PURPOSE]

[MEHODS]

[RESULTS]

This is amazing.

I wish I had neighbors like them. Too many Busch Light dudes in my neighborhood.

Busch Laaat?

Amen! Jersey and Tim are a brutal waste of time. Not Funny. And frankly rude. Why, as a beer aficionado, do I want to hear the opinions of a couple of jackasses who don't know a damn thing.

You should meet them in real life. Yeesh.

Seriously though, the beer review segment was my way of sticking it to the people who pride themselves on being "beer aficionados," and I think it's... working.

I don't get it...if these guys were my neighbors my wife would be pissed because I'd be hanging with them drinking beers all night instead of watching Grey's Anatomy on the couch with her! It's my favorite segment.

My wife loves Jersey & Tim!

I’m sure it’s been covered here somewhere, but these fockers are absolutely ruining an otherwise great podcast. Cut the segment and keep up the good work. No really, cut the segment. Forever.

I dig your post and totally support the culling of Jersey and Tim. I think they are upstaging us Brew Crew members and cannot stand it. I give them ZERO Jersey & Tims.

The segment is completely an eye poke to stodgy beer curmudgeons. J & T are great dudes who do not take themselves too seriously. Genuinely just Good Ol'boy neighbors.

Listen and laugh or hit FFWD 2 or 3 times.

Since I originally started this thread, I must admit they have grown on me, kinda like real beer is growing on them.

I hate to suggest I may or may not have had a small tear in my eye when they sang that song about "seeing it (the old days) in color" or something like that.

OK, back to the hate :)

I'm pretty sure I heard some burping when Marshall was on BN's The Session
Screen-Shot-2017-02-28-at-4.06.15-PM.jpeg

I personally enjoy the Jersey and Tim bit. I think it is great. They keep things light and refreshing. If not we would be beer aficionados teetering on beer snobs. No one likes a beer snob. As a homebrewer sometimes I enjoy sharing great beer with people more than I enjoy great beer itself and to that end if I can get someone only drinks curs light to try a homebrew and like it then I have done homebrewers a favor.

I usually listen to these podcasts at the gym and have found them humorous and fun. In fact, I love everything about these podcasts and support them as a Patron member. When I find slow or boring parts of any podcast, I just hit the fast forward button to bypass it and commercials. Just do this if you want to pass on Jersey and Tim.

It's clear that they should keep this in the podcast because so many people like them. I, however, cannot stand them. I listen to podcasts on headphones at work, and as soon as the segment comes on it's a race to try to fast forward. For whatever reason, they drive me nuts. It's possible that their words are funny, but I just can't stand the way they sound (even if it's meant to be tongue in cheek).

There are a few podcasts that I can't listen to because of how they sound. I don't mind the hosts having fun, but I don't need to hear someone burping into my ear, and I delete podcasts when it sounds like a bunch of buzzed college kids just joking around.

I had a chance to meet Zane this past fall. Great guy!

Wow I’m completely opposite. Love that segment. Think it’s awesome if the go to the homebrew con. Great reminder that this is a hobby and it should be fun. And seriously I do brew my homebrew hoping for other people to enjoy it and that still includes people that don’t understand the idea of a beercation or standing in line at 4am for a noon bottle release.

Agree 100%. One of my favorite parts of the podcast.

I love Jersey and Tim! Wife and I do a lot of traveling over the summer, and who ever drives gets to pick the entertainment. She has to wait over an hour for each 1min beer review, but that’s her favorite part of the podcast!

At first, I did not enjoy this segment because I thought it was mocking their ignorance of beer. However, as their palates have obviously evolved over time, it has become a favorite part of the show. Other than this forum, I don’t typically engage in calling or writing into shows, but I am extremely curious about sending them a juniper apple wine. I think they are absolutely hilarious, and would love to be able to drink with them.When they say they really don’t like a beer, but they would drink it because it appears to be strong…that’s honesty.

Back