Brite beer tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukeerb

Reaction score
I have an idea and was wondering what other people thought of it.

I have 1 pin lock keg and 10 ball lock kegs
I was thinking of using the pin lock as a brite tank

Get a carbonation stone for it, and add gelatin to the beer in it to clear the beer. Burst carb in the pin lock and then when it’s carbed up and clear, I would transfer to one of the ball locks

Also what about putting an inline filter on the keg to keg connection to collect any remaining particles

I have a spare 5 lb co2 tank and regulated to do this

What are your thoughts anyone on this

I think usually beer is filtered prior to briting and then served from the brite vessel in brewpubs/taprooms. I'm curious also what the advantage is here. Forcing the beer through filter media?

You can do all of that. Personally I don’t bother filtering or fining anymore but it’s your beer. I’m not a fan of multiple transfers due to oxidation risks. I’d probably pick one method to clear the beer, either gelatin or the filter otherwise your going to push gelatin through the filter which may be problematic.

I’d make sure to purge your keg, filter and lines completely. I’d fill them with sani and push the liquid out with co2 throughout the entire system.

Latest posts

Back