Briess Carapils Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodrigobarriosj

Reaction score
I have found a Pale Ale beer recipe that I like, but it has Briess Carapils Malt and I cant find any in my country. The recipe also uses basic and caramel malt. Does anybody knows of an easy to find substitute? Or can I make the beer without the Briess Carapils and it will still be considered a Pale Ale? Thank you!

I have found a Pale Ale beer recipe that I like, but it has Briess Carapils Malt and I cant find any in my country. The recipe also uses basic and caramel malt. Does anybody knows of an easy to find substitute? Or can I make the beer without the Briess Carapils and it will still be considered a Pale Ale? Thank you!

Carapils has other names (carapils is a Briess name), like carafoam (weyermann), or dextrine malt. If you can't find it, you can leave it out or sub with wheat malt or flaked wheat for head retention.

Back