BrewSSSiphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look pretty nice and thanks Tofuguy for the aliexpress link. I only seen plastic bottling wands before that and I have been doing this for a while.
I have been hoping for a long time someone would make a stainless autosiphon because I break mine at least once a year. This would sure help that problem since the plastic ones crack after the first high temp cleaning.

Thanks for posting. I did move forward and buy the bottling wand. My first impression was that its much bigger than i thought it was going to be. I still like the idea that its stainless which is why I purchased it in the first place.

What i don't like about it is the size, it felt a little cumbersome in my hand and work space and i don't have small hands. Also because its so much bigger than your standard bottling wand it doesn't fill bottle all the way.

With the old style wand I would let the beer flow until it reached the lip of the bottle, remove the wand and Bob's Your Uncle a perfect fill every time. The SS wand just disperses to much beer to get that perfect fill.

The other problem I had was that the plunger couldn't always depress properly in bottles. Almost like the wand had to be perfectly straight up and down for it to dispense. If you also bottle wine in bottles that have dimpled bottoms this could be a real issue.

I didn't even finish bottling one batch with that wand. I just went and grabbed the old reliable and finished the batch.

Others may have different experiences, this is just mine. I still love the idea and the concept of the SS wand it just needs some redesigning if possible

I have the BrewSSSiphon I got it about a year ago, and honestly it's over priced yes it is what you want it to be but $150 for an autosiphon is a lot of money. It is well built and has done it's job as well as could be expected, I use the brush kit for all sorts of things so that's a little bonus. The hose it comes with is long I keep thinking I am going to shorten it but I never do and the bracket that grabs the kettle is getting rusty on me. I got this because my previous autosiphon royally f*cked me and infected a lot of beer and I was not going to let that happen again. I really like that I can take this thing apart and give it a much better cleaning than the cheap plastic ones and I can sanitize it in the oven if I want to, and it is very nice to know it will last forever. I got the whole set up and it should have came with a case of some sorts especially for what it cost me but at the end of the day it is a tool and does it's jobs well and I can properly service it with ease and expect it to last a lifetime.

Back