BrewSSSiphon Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There was a past post on this some time back. Rather than a necro-post I thought I'd share my experiences in a new post.

I purchased a BrewSSSiphon® from BrewSensible some time back. I probably saw it on Twitter or something, who knows. I also spend >$100 on a racking cane that I didn't need right away because my process doesn't require one often. So, there's that. Just laying it out there so you know who you're reading. 😛

So I unboxed this thing and I noticed a hand-written note from the proprietors. That was nice and I'll admit I felt a pang of guilt at not having read it right away. I was a little confused about what was in there because it was much heavier than I thought it should be. Holy crap! This thing is BEEFY! It's not just cheap SS tubing. The inner cane is tubing of course but quite rigid. The outer tube seems to be machined (not sure it is but the threading and collars on it are really very substantial.)

I REALLY like the valve on the bottom. It disassembles completely (a dental pic was helpful to get the o-ring out) and there were no nooks or crannies that seemed like they could harbor bacteria. The seals and soft parts being silicone, the instructions even say that one may sterilize in an oven (200-something, I forget what heat setting.)

Does a person really need such an expensive racking cane? Well, the cane itself is $79.95 and I bought the kit with a cleaning brush set, clip, silicone tubing, and a spring clip. Is it worth it? Well, that's hard to say but the parts are worth it for sure if you want a damned good racking cane. I'm not sorry about buying it and I have no worry that this will hold up and most importantly be able to be sterilized when I need it next.

My hat is off to the BrewSensible folks. I'm not sure how I missed out on this until now, but I'm glad I have it in my kit.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed having this around for when I need it. It's pretty heavy duty, but it's Achilles heel is the cap at the bottom. Be careful not to drop it straight down when using, otherwise the cap will be cut by the prongs inside. The owner was great about replacing it under warranty. Buy a few extra to have around as a back up!

Back