BrewsbySmith Open Entry Giveaway - Get Entered Now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hbt-brewbysmith-article-3-1278.jpg

Here at HomeBrewTalk we are giving away a BrewsbySmith 2 stage Fermentation controller with per-assembled Temperature Controller and this giveaway is open to all regardless of membership status!
hbt-brewbysmith-article-2-1277.jpg

BrewsBySmith 2 stage Fermentation Temperature Controller featuring STC-1000 + controller

• Fully assembled STC-1000 flashed with latest 1.06 firmware courtesy of alphaomega from homebrewtalk.com
  • Software developed specifically for beer fermentation (ramp settings, programmable audible alarm), displays in degrees F or C
  • CNC machined enclosure including labeling for heating and cooling outlets
  • 16 gauge power cable included (6ft)
  • Available with optional tri-color LED for heating / cooling indication
  • Temperature sensor has 2 pin connector installed for ease of removal
This is a short run giveaway which means if you don't sign up now you're going to miss your opportunity to take home this awesome prize.
Sign up is quick and easy. Make sure you're signed up to our daily Feedburner send that sends you the latest and greatest from the HomeBrewTalk front page, then follow this link to post your entry into our giveaway.
This thread closes October 30th with the drawing October 31st. Don't delay, get entered today!
Very special thanks go out to BrewsbySmith. Please show them our support by visiting and seeing what all they have to offer. If you just can't wait to win and need this now, here's a link to purchase.
http://www.boostbysmith.com/stc1000.html
From everyone at BrewsbySmith and HomeBrewTalk we wish you luck!
hbt-brewbysmith-article-1-1276.jpg

hbt-brewbysmith-article-3-1278.jpg

Do these need calibrated? And how would one calibrate these? I see around 7 different readings at +- 2 deg F with the bottom picture makes it appear they are off by 5 degrees.
Although, within +- 2 deg is pretty good for the cost of these.

They pic was taken after one was in basement cold and hasn't warmed up yet. You can adjust the call if needed in software very easily but not likely at all to need to be done

My pleasure guys! Just trying to get some exposure out there. Have lots of these great devices in stock ready to ship.
Greg
BrewsBySmith

Didn't realize there was third party firmware updates for these. Sounds like I have a new project! Count me in for one of these bad boys.

I could really use this with my new build! Count me and thanks for another giveaway!

I was very impressed when I looked up the retail price! Looks way more expensive than a Johnson Controls digital unit.

@landshark
You can calibrate these units. It's a +- function in the menu of the controller. They are good cheap units. I'm using to directly wired to a couple fridges. The only issue I've had is with a power fluctuation I've had it not turn back on for some reason when the power came back on. The unit was fine but need to be unplugged and plugged back in to start working again. Luckily it's only happened twice, but the first time it got really hot in the fridge while I was fermenting before I notice the controller wasn't running.

Back