Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When BMW first opened and for the first say 6 months, their shipping was freakin unbelievable. I would order Friday from Cali and have my stuff Mon or Tuesday, unbelievably fast. Last year or so it takes them 1-2 business days to ship it out.

What they have ****ed up they always have made right w me so I'm stickin.

It's been my experience that this happens often with online vendors. Should it? No but your expectation versus actual experience with online brewing supply houses is not realistic based on my expedrience ordering from several.

IMO BMW is the best...yes they have screwed up some orders but they are the best from who I have used: Mid West, Northern, Austin HB..

To each his own but I want to tell you that it is actually worse with some other vendors.

Not a shill post, this is based on my experience ordering almost exclusively online for last 2-3 years.

Thank you for the response. I agree with you and will try to make purchases further in advance when possible and adjust my expectations. I don't have any experience with online HB stores, this is my first so I chose BMW because I read through this thread and many people said they had the fastest shipping and best customer service.

it really sucks that your first experience wasn't as smooth as you had hoped. They may have expected a shipment from their supplier that didn't arrive delaying them in contacting you. No one knows except the guys at BMW. I do know that every time I've been in the store they are busy. If you ever get the chance go in there and meet them. other online shops can take over 5 days to process the order not to mention ship. BMW is still one of the fastest...

I don't think I am unreasonable to expect to receive delivery in 5 business days when the store is like 90 miles from my house. If you think it is reasonable time, then please disregard my posts. I hope I still have the ability to post my straightforward experience with a company and not have it be seen as blasting.

I am EXCITED! when I recieve any shipping from any online vendor within 5 days... If this was the norm, I would be more than happy, I would be freakin stoked. I, also, am disapointed when three business days go by for some kind of notification comes(and it has happened), and then normal shipping time ensue.

I believe that the spirit responding to your post was that there are avenues in which to go through before posting somewhat disappointing results as terrible. I hope that you sent a pm to Ed, and called and spoke with someone about your service before being so outspoken online.

BTW, I used to live near brewmasterswarehouse, and if you are 90 miles away, you have a brew supply store near you, because pretty much any direction of that location is highly populated. You probably have several. Knowing supply stores, you may just have to pay for the convenience I suppose.

Well I believe every one is entitled to there opinion, that's how we get to rate a business. How ever you should always give a person or business a chance. Although we might some times feel like we deserve undivided attention, one must understand we are not alone, and should consider the situation.

I need to clarify my post.

My issue isn't with the funnel being out of stock, I understand how that could happen. It's the time it took them to notify me about the issue was too long IMO. It took them 3 full business days, not counting a Sunday, to even give me the choice of having it shipped without the funnel. That email finally came at 6pm Wednesday ( I ordered late Saturday night).

I stand by my initial post, I am disappointed with how long it took them to contact me and how long it would take to get the products here (I have requested cancellation). The time I needed the stuff in has nearly passed and I can't drive the 4 hours down and back to the store to get the stuff.

I don't think I am unreasonable to expect to receive delivery in 5 business days when the store is like 90 miles from my house. If you think it is reasonable time, then please disregard my posts. I hope I still have the ability to post my straightforward experience with a company and not have it be seen as blasting.

I totally understand your frustration in your situation. I appreciate your feedback on how you feel, that is how we continue to get better by listening to customers. We have been getting just more than slammed with orders and we are making the necessary adjustments to continue to improve.

I also just wanted to point out to you that since you used a shop so close geographically to you that all of your shipments would be delivered the next day so if you wanted your order on Friday we could still get it to you, but if you do not I understand.

Thanks,

Ed

I totally understand your frustration in your situation. I appreciate your feedback on how you feel, that is how we continue to get better by listening to customers. We have been getting just more than slammed with orders and we are making the necessary adjustments to continue to improve.

Ed,

I understand you're busy and all, and I appreciate all you've done to accommodate us, especially here at HBT, but I have a couple issues with each order I make and it's a little disheartening...

I placed an order a few weeks ago, and it took a week to be told 2 small things were out of stock (rice hulls and a yeast strain) and I opted for delivering what you did have in stock, and having the yeast and hulls come in later. The in-stock items were shipped on the 22nd of Sept, and to this day I've had no follow-up on the out of stock items.

Another time, I realized I accidentally ordered two smack packs of the same yeast, and promptly asked for one of them to be removed. It was, but I was never refunded the price of that yeast. I just bit my tongue on that issue, as I save so much with you guys that I didn't want to cause a stink.

It's just small things like that which really wear on me. I've spent almost $1000 at BMW this year, and the savings are so good that I keep coming back, but I (no, WE) do pray that you get some of the kinks worked out ASAP.

Always a loyal customer, tho... ;)

Hold up a minute guys. If you ever have any issues with anything we want to know about it. Please inform us so we can fix things. No biting tongues use your tongue to let us know about it. We will continue to get better only if we know we are making mistakes.

With that being said it is very difficult to followup on issues posted in the forums. Please send me an email or a PM and I will always take care of you. Be sure to include your order ID and particulars so that I can get things rolling.

EDIT: If you know my name (Ed) and you know our web address (brewmasterswarehouse.com) then you know my email @ddress. :)

Thank you for the response. I agree with you and will try to make purchases further in advance when possible and adjust my expectations. I don't have any experience with online HB stores, this is my first so I chose BMW because I read through this thread and many people said they had the fastest shipping and best customer service.

Just my 2 cents .... I have ordered from others in the past, it takes a bit of time to get it from them, Ed has worked hard to set himself apart, and does offer a expedited shipping, but you have to pay the actual cost to ship it, not the special shipping price ..... I am a little biased to have them as a LHBS ....Anyways sorry to hijack

Hold up a minute guys. If you ever have any issues with anything we want to know about it. Please inform us so we can fix things. No biting tongues use your tongue to let us know about it. We will continue to get better only if we know we are making mistakes.

Releasing tongue from vice-lock jaws. Feels good to be free!

Just an update, I talked to Ed and he corrected all the wrongs and made them right. Nice guy, and as I said before, my support will never waver for BMW. :)

Brewmasters Warehouse is just super cool....that's all there is to it.

Everytime that I have to look at another website for something unique that brewmasterswarehouse doesn't carry, I realize how great we have it with brewmasterswarehouse, and I usually don't even get the other stuff, because it just doens't make sense.

Hey Ed, I'm a little bit confused.
It looks like you have barbed swivel nuts 1/4" for $1.30 and barbed swivel nuts 5/16" for $3.25. Why is there such a big difference in price for that 1/16" difference? Do they both fit onto the threaded liquid disconnects?

LVBen said:
Hey Ed, I'm a little bit confused.
It looks like you have barbed swivel nuts 1/4" for $1.30 and barbed swivel nuts 5/16" for $3.25. Why is there such a big difference in price for that 1/16" difference? Do they both fit onto the threaded liquid disconnects?

Yes they both fit. The difference is price is just the cost difference between the 2. I am not sure why it is so much more.

Thanks,

Ed

Ordered from BMW on Monday night and left a note saying "if at all possible, can you ship early this week so I can get it by Friday?". Got an email the next day saying they were out of stock of candi sugar, but would I like to substitute a pound of candi syrup instead (couple bucks more expensive). Called Steve to say I would like to substitute, and had a tracking # within an hour. Awesome!

I highly recommend leaving a note in your order if you need something specific.

By the way, anyone try the Shoultz Meyer Belgian Blonde Strong Ale? Can't wait to brew it!

I recently ordered from BMW and my order sat pending for two days. On other web sites Pending usually means it being held up for some reason. I email Ed and almost instantly he replied that everthing was ok and that my order was on the way out the door.

Great selection and great service, what more could you want.

I just wanted to say that I just placed a small order ($125) and every single thing I wanted was available (except for the simcoe hops which I know are rare!). This is the only homebrew store I know of that has all of my odd-ball needs available when I want them! It's hard to find pale chocolate malt sometimes, and I was thrilled to get everything I wanted in one "trip".

Thanks Brewmaster's Warehouse!!!!! That was my 6th order in less than a year- and I'm a happy customer.

I recently shopped through them for the first time. As long as the prices stay as competetive as they are I will never shop anywhere else.

Yoop, why not try Freshops for your simcoe?

I just recently placed my 20th order with BMW! You have great prices, great service, and OUTSTANDING quality! I still don't understand how you are making any money. I hope you have a successful business for many, many years to come!

Yooper, did you order my VCCA from his website?

No, I didn't. I have all the ingredients I need, already on hand.

I recently shopped through them for the first time. As long as the prices stay as competetive as they are I will never shop anywhere else.

Yoop, why not try Freshops for your simcoe?

I might. I hate paying $1.60 an ounce for amarillo (and a max of 8 ounces!) at the same time, but I might have to bite the bullet and do it. I'm placing an order from hopsdirect.com on Monday for most of my pellet and whole flower hops- and see what I still need. I have been ordering about 8 pounds of hops every fall.

I love this place especially the brew builder. I get my stuff incredibly quick (although i'm just up the road in SC.) I haven't ordered from anyone else in a long time

I just recently placed my 20th order with BMW! You have great prices, great service, and OUTSTANDING quality! I still don't understand how you are making any money. I hope you have a successful business for many, many years to come!

Seriously, sometimes I feel bad using the BBBYO code for 10% off. I think I might stop using it. Placed an order yesterday and once again they packaged and shipped it out within 24 hrs. I wish I could count on people at my office like I can count on BMW...

Hey Ed,

If i was making a 12 gallon batch and needed 8+ ounces of willamet or such, is there a way to put that on brewbuilder using the 8oz bag?

Just add the 8 oz. hops and then if you need additional ounces you can add them straight from the brew builder while building your recipe or select them individually. :tank:

I just wanted to say that I just placed a small order ($125) and every single thing I wanted was available (except for the simcoe hops which I know are rare!). This is the only homebrew store I know of that has all of my odd-ball needs available when I want them! It's hard to find pale chocolate malt sometimes, and I was thrilled to get everything I wanted in one "trip".

Thanks Brewmaster's Warehouse!!!!! That was my 6th order in less than a year- and I'm a happy customer.

That is the first I've heard of pale chocolate malt; what do you use it for that varies from standard chocolate malt?

Just add the 8 oz. hops and then if you need additional ounces you can add them straight from the brew builder while building your recipe or select them individually. :tank:

ah, yes... i believe that adding hops to a recipe was understood, but adding the discounted 8oz hops at the price of $6 or so and then getting the bbbyo discount vs. $17 was the question...perhaps I should have mentioned my price hunting agenda :)

ah, yes... i believe that adding hops to a recipe was understood, but adding the discounted 8oz hops at the price of $6 or so and then getting the bbbyo discount vs. $17 was the question...perhaps I should have mentioned my price hunting agenda :)

I'm a tightwad too; I knew exactly what you meant. :rockin:

Dang, I just ordered 6 oz of cascade for 3 different recipes and then saw this post. I'm gonna pay 12 dollars for 6 oz instead of $7.25 for 8 oz. Oh well. Next time I'll know better.

I was going to try them anyway, but if they're giving a discount, that just seals the deal. I was wondering about their crush but it sounds like there is nothing to worry about there.

I don't order often, but when I do I use BMW!

Great service, prompt shipping and if something is on backorder I am kept updated via email on the status.

Thanks Ed!

Barnstormer...you won't be disappointed. I had ordered a brass kewler kit from them and it has been on back order for almost two weeks. I got an email from them today saying they are having trouble getting the kits in and the are going to go ahead and send me the SS model instead. This is the kind of customer service you can expect from them. Also their crush is excellent. Cheers

I use BMW pretty much exclusively at this point. I'll stop by my LHBS for yeast or if I forgot to order an ingredient. The brewbuilder is great and good customer service.

I'm just curious whether anyone else has had a bad experience with these guys lately?

I placed an order with them early Monday morning for a brown ale recipe I put together, all ingredients in stock, and I'm STILL waiting, over 3 days later, for them to even ship it. I was looking forward to brewing this weekend, and now it looks like I won't even be able to do it til Wednesday or later, depending on whether they even bother to ship it.

They charged the order to my card quite quickly, and now seem to be taking their sweet time. They told me yesterday over the phone "Yeah, it might ship tomorrow, or Friday."

MIGHT?!?

These guys don't seem to have their stuff together. I'll order from Rebel Brewer and Austin, and have my orders on my front doorstep within 2 and 3 days of placing the order, respectively. I went with BW based on a buddy's recommendation of fast service and cheaper prices. They were cheaper, but I'm completely disappointed in the service.

Back