Brewing with kids?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparky....those look so good!
I always wanted to give them a go but I have no idea how to eat those little bastards!
I'll try to crack them like little lobsters and make an ass of myself.

kids....I have a 7yr old and he's my official grainmaster.
I prepare each recipe the night before and weigh the grain out into 5gallon pails. come brewday while i'm starting the keggles he dumps the grain into the hopper and turns the beast on. Later in the day he is johnny on the spot for the hop additions.

MMMMMM crawdaddys red taiters and corn. y-all talk funny down there but you have kick ass food :) And as far as kids I have a 9,10&12 year old and let them help and taist if they want the only one that likes it is my 10yr old girl she worry's me ;)

I always wanted to them a go but I have no idea how to eat those little bastards!

kids....I have a 7yr old and he's my official grainmaster.
I prepare each recipe the night before and weigh the grain out into 5gallon pails. come brewday while i'm starting the keggles he dumps the the grain into the hopper and turns the beast on. Later in the day he is johnny on the spot for the hop additions.

When I was a kid we used to have a huge family vacation down to the current river. Always stayed at Acre's Ferry (it's closed now, DAMNIT). We always collected a bunch of crawdads for a big boil, the first few years we went those damned things were half the size of lobsters! Man, youth is wasted on the young. I find myself constantly rediscovering things from my youth and wondering just how in the hell I didn't fully appreciate it at the time.

thought I'd add some brewing-with-kids pics...
DSCN3848.JPG

Gees, make the guy with the infant sit by himself! Did the kid need a new diaper or what?!:p

I always wanted to give them a go but I have no idea how to eat those little bastards!

Nah, it's easy. You break the tail off, and eat the meat like a shrimp. That's the good part and it's worth the effort if they're big enough. Sucking the head is optional in my opinion, however, to others even suggesting that you may skip this part of the ritual is heresy!

Back