Brewing TV Ep. 69 - Palmer's Oaked Mild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed this one a while ago. Really good, even after months in the bottle. I overshot my gravity a little, and may have fermented a little high, but still pretty rock-solid!

Was it just me or did chip look bummed without Keeler and Dawson? Anyone know why they left?

maybe I missed it, but what yeast did he use in that recipe?

The posted recipe says to use Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley or WLP 022 Essex Ale.

Was it just me or did chip look bummed without Keeler and Dawson? Anyone know why they left?

Did they leave? Or have they just not been in these recent episodes. The last 3 episodes have mostly been made up of footage from months gone by with only a little bit of new footage. Maybe they will still be in upcoming episodes?

I only hope they have something Mexican planned for Dios De La Muerta. Mexican brewing gets no love and there are a lot of great Central, South American, and Caribbean brews, too.

The specialty grains like quinoa and amaranth and chia are on my list of things to toy with soon. Not to mention, the spices and molasses that come from there...

signpost said:
The posted recipe says to use Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley or WLP 022 Essex Ale.

Did they leave? Or have they just not been in these recent episodes. The last 3 episodes have mostly been made up of footage from months gone by with only a little bit of new footage. Maybe they will still be in upcoming episodes?

They both left. And at the same time. Chip confirmed it on the NB forum, but he didn't give any details of course.

I know the flat rate shipping shift, for me, was huge. I probably won't shop there again unless they can go back to some semblance of it. Anyway, BTV was a great thing, and maybe it will be great again. Good luck, Chip!

They both left. And at the same time. Chip confirmed it on the NB forum, but he didn't give any details of course.

This is the first I have heard of this. I just assumed they were taking a break from episodes. I did notice that Jake has deleted his twitter account, which I thought was because it had been hacked, but now I'm thinking because it was tied somewhat to the NB and Brewing TV accounts. Brewing TV won't be the same without them.

Anyone know what they are planning on doing?

Grannyknot said:
This is the first I have heard of this. I just assumed they were taking a break from episodes. I did notice that Jake has deleted his twitter account, which I thought was because it had been hacked, but now I'm thinking because it was tied somewhat to the NB and Brewing TV accounts. Brewing TV won't be the same without them.

Anyone know what they are planning on doing?

I think he probably got tired of trying to answer questions about leaving NB. I really enjoy chip, but BTV won't be the same without Keeler and Dawson.

As far as NB dropping flat rate shipping, it ticked me off at first too. However, after doing some shopping around with other places online and local guys, I still find NB prices to be very competitive and their customer service is top notch. They also provide so many quality resources like BTV and other videos. I will continue to shop with NB and will be forever grateful for Dawson and Keeler getting me passionate about the hobby.

Chip, if you ever read this board, keep pressing on man! You do a great job!

Back