Brewing Relared Gas Prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx250

Reaction score
I am thinking that we need a thread on what everyone is paying for their gases and where. I also think that we need a little more information as to swamping tanks, hydro tests, and other info that is needed for anyone looking to get a tank filled.

The format I was thinking should be something like this:

Gas (nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, beer gas, propane, or something else you use)

Cylinder size (cu ft, pound, or however the metric folks measure them)

Swap or fill

Supplier and location

Gas cost including fees

Was hydro test needed and cost if needed

I will start it out with mine today.

Beer gas
80cu ft
swapped even for 60 cu ft
no hydro needed
$35.00

CO2
20lb
swapped
Hydro was 12 years out of date, no charge
$23.64

Oxygen
125cu ft
swapped
hydro was 2 years out of date, no charge
$28.57

Total fees $9.00

Nexair Norcross, GA

I called Airgas in Lawrenceville, Ga (close to the house) and the 20lb CO2 was $43 plus fees and I stopped there and drove 10 miles to Nexair.

I will start it out with mine today.

Beer gas
80cu ft
swapped even for 60 cu ft
no hydro needed
$35.00

CO2
20lb
swapped
Hydro was 12 years out of date, no charge
$23.64

Oxygen
125cu ft
swapped
hydro was 2 years out of date, no charge
$28.57

Total fees $9.00

Nexair Norcross, GA

I called Airgas in Lawrenceville, Ga (close to the house) and the 20lb CO2 was $43 plus fees and I stopped there and drove 10 miles to Nexair.
What part of Atlanta are you in?

Our club based in snellville (New London Hombrew Club) has a member who works at airgas and we have a club discount. It isn't much less than what you paid at nexair though, I think the last time was around $21 per 20# tank for a swap.

Years ago I also used Tucker beverage control who was right at $20 per tank for a fill, which meant the tank needed to be in test or they would charge an additional $20. I don't know about current pricing though, as I haven't been there in years.

What part of Atlanta are you in?

Our club based in snellville (New London Hombrew Club) has a member who works at airgas and we have a club discount. It isn't much less than what you paid at nexair though, I think the last time was around $21 per 20# tank for a swap.

Years ago I also used Tucker beverage control who was right at $20 per tank for a fill, which meant the tank needed to be in test or they would charge an additional $20. I don't know about current pricing though, as I haven't been there in years.

I am in Lawrenceville, walking distance from Airgas. The club is definitely on my radar but spare time and work have not allowed me to join yet.

$30 to swap out 5 lb co2, Rockville MD (DC suburb).

This place is insanely expensive. I really can’t wait to move next year.

I am in Lawrenceville, walking distance from Airgas. The club is definitely on my radar but spare time and work have not allowed me to join yet.
Gotcha, I completely understand, but let me know if you are ever interested in coming by to a club meeting, or if you want to come by the house over here to sample some of what I have (I live in Tucker).

10lb bottle:
~$40 CAD Praxair,
~$35 CAD Atlantic Fire and Safety Equipment
$30 CAD Nobel Grape (swap for in-store purchased bottles, not sure about foreign bottle)
NB, Canada

Gotcha, I completely understand, but let me know if you are ever interested in coming by to a club meeting, or if you want to come by the house over here to sample some of what I have (I live in Tucker).

That sounds good.

Latest posts

Back