Brewing on PDA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gauthierk

Reaction score
I am doing good with my first two batches. I had a beer tasting party saturday night that few people remember but that is what was expected. :mug:

My question of the day is brewing software. I have a few demo's for PC that I have been playing with and have been playing with different combo's. Do they make any software for pocket PC like windows CE or similar?

Another question. I aquired some brand new coolers that I plan on using to convert into a tun and sparge tank. I was going to use the manifold setup with the copper pipes and cutting slats into it. Is it better to solder the joins or just dry fit them and let them go?

gauthierk said:
Another question. I aquired some brand new coolers that I plan on using to convert into a tun and sparge tank. I was going to use the manifold setup with the copper pipes and cutting slats into it. Is it better to solder the joins or just dry fit them and let them go?
I think the concensus is that you could solder some of the joints but some should be left unsoldered for eash of cleaning.
Also I woud recommend that you research batch sparging as an all grain option.

Solder everything that is not connected to the pipes with slits. That way it can come apart for cleaning and drying.

Ok... I'm going to start working on my mashing rig soon... My poor little kitchen in my apartment is filling up... What about brewing software for pocket PC? Anyone have any ideas>

Latest posts

Back