Brewing Non (Low)-Alcohol Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonlovesbeer

BrandonLovesBeer
Reaction score
I'm going to be brewing a sacrilegious beer.
A non-alcoholic Russian Imperial Stout.
I know I know. Aside from the jokes... My question is:

What temperature do I heat the post-fermented beer?

Addendum:
I plan to cut the batch in half. The taste test side by side to see the difference.

uuuuum. whhhut. an imperial stout couldn't be non alcoholic.(How would you simulate alcohol flavor?)
even if you just meant stout, or porter. what are you talking about? just mashing,boiling and force carbing all in one day?

uuuuum. whhhut. an imperial stout couldn't be non alcoholic.(How would you simulate alcohol flavor?)
even if you just meant stout, or porter. what are you talking about? just mashing,boiling and force carbing all in one day?

no ;)

he's going to boil off the alcohol post fermentation.

here's a handy chart to determine the temperature curve you should try to follow depending on the amount of alcohol left in your beer.
as the alcohol evaporates, the boiling point will increase.

Boiling_Point_Ethanol_-_Distilling.jpg

J.

My plan is to make a 5 gallon batch of a big Russian Imperial Stout.
After fermentation is complete, I will split the batch
  • 3gals regular
  • 2 gals Non-Alcoholic

Then bottle condition the Regular part.

With the 2 gallons of Non-Alc I will heat the beer to evaporate off a majority of the alcohol. Then cool it down. Add some yeast and carb it up as normal.

Regarding the question, "How would you simulate alcohol flavor?"
I'm not. This is just an experiment. I want to see what it tastes like. And do a side-by-side with the regular version.

Latest posts

Back