Brewing mill for flour milling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
No longer able to drink beer without paying the price, does anyone know if one can use a mill (3 roller, adjustable) for milling grain into flour?

So sorry to hear that. Damn!

I think there's a limit to how fine you can mill due to the relatively large knurls. I once milled Triticale and therefore had the knurls almost touch. The crush was pretty fine with some flour, but much, much coarser than a bag of bread or all purpose flour. More like fine grits, or very coarse cornmeal, the stuff you put between the pizza and the peel. Definitely tiny chunks with some dimension.

So sorry to hear that. Damn!

I think there's a limit to how fine you can mill due to the relatively large knurls. I once milled Triticale and therefore had the knurls almost touch. The crush was pretty fine with some flour, but much, much coarser than a bag of bread or all purpose flour. More like fine grits, or very coarse cornmeal, the stuff you put between the pizza and the peel. Definitely tiny chunks with some dimension.

Thanks IslandLizard.

Got it - makes perfect sense. I was being cheap, I guess. Probably Gambrinus telling me don't dare use a perfectly good brewing mill for any other purpose.:cool:

I appreciate you sharing your experience in such detail, too. Wish I could offer more than one like.

Back