brewing ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad hops

Reaction score
i have just arrived overseas in Naples, Italy. And will be setting up my homebrew efforts again. I have only succesfully made one batch of beer to date. and i wouldnt say that the batch tasted any good. But my problem at hand is ordering ingredients. i am trying to get ingredients to brew my beer through the mail. and the U.S. postal system to the base out here is slow and cannot be relied on to only take a week. so when it comes down to what i am trying to say is that i need help finding extract and hops and yeast that i can order and not spoil on the way over. all i have used is refrigerated yeast and extract. please help a newbrewer!!!

If you stick with dried yeast strains you should have no problems what so ever. LME doesn't need refrigeration unless you are planing on keeping it a heck of a long time. DME lasts for ages, same for the packaged hops and grains. While refrigeration keeps all those items "fresher"; for a week or two (or even three)shipping time , it will be fine.

i wouldn't buy from the US it will cost a small fortune to ship.

Here is a link to a european homebrew megastore.
http://www.brouwland.com/

and here is a link to an italian homebrew store. i have no idea what it all says because its in italian but i hope it helps.
http://www.mr-malt.it/

EDIT: actually that second italian link looks like it could be just what you're looking for, a wide range of extracts, yeasts, hops and perhaps if you ever make it to the dark side, they sell grains for all grain. happy brewing and i hope the second time round your brewing goes better. Have a look around this website(homebrewtalk.com) there is lots of great information. i agree go with dried yeast if you just want to make good general ales or even lagers. liquid yeast aren't neccessarily better quality, there is just more of a variety of yeast styles and they create more work for you and more ways you can make mistakes.

hey welcome to italy!!!!! :mug:

if you want to brew here you are not so lucky :D

you can only buy extracts kits on www.pinta.it (they have a lot of extracts!)
or go to mr.malt like peterfuse sad...

if you need traslations:

Yeast=lieviti
Hop=luppolo
extract=estatto
grain=grani
sugar=zucchero

:rockin:

sounds like a challange!
i will check out the site and prices and all.
thanks for the info. i am glad that i will be able to keep up my brewing here. the wife is looking into making her own wine!

mad hops said:
:rockin:

sounds like a challange!
i will check out the site and prices and all.
thanks for the info. i am glad that i will be able to keep up my brewing here. the wife is looking into making her own wine!

wine?
hey you are in Italy!!!!! buy it! :D
It's cheper here in Italy and very good quality...:p

i have tried so much wine since i have been here!! i like about 75 to 80 percent of it. And call me crazy i actually like peroni! i know i know its crazy!

hahahah i still have not attempted a beer out here. had some finacial woes and that included two wrecked cars! gonna knock out a hefe here soon

I used to live in Milan. I flew to Munich, England or Belgium to get beer. It was even hard to purchase good beer there.

I would find the nearest homebrew shop that has more than kits or order from England if you can find a good online store.

I looked at the Mr Malt link and they have all grain kits. I think you will be ok.

i think i will... just have to place the order and see how much i get screwed in the dollar to euro rate!!:mad:

Back