Brewing in Boulder, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone--

My name's Will, I live in Boulder, CO, and I brew beer in my closet (hence the name).

Been brewing for just over a year, been through about 8 or 10 5-gallon batches so far. What I have going on now: Barleywine bottle conditioning; IPA, Stout, and Hefe waiting to be drank, and throwing together a couple gallons of cider sometime in the weekend.

So far I've only brewed from extract, but have been talking to an acquaintance who has a Cajun cooker about doing some all-grain.

Cheers,
TCB

;) Every time I grab a beer...

I almost made my name "InTheClosetBrewery," but didn't for some reason. Gay jokes are a cornerstone of my brewing operation.

I haven't decided...mostly I just sit at home and lament the loss of that wonderful store.

I ordered a bit of yeast from ebrew.com for a cider, but I haven't bought any large-volume ingredients. Any suggestions? I heard there was a place in Ft. Collins.

Hey bro. I work in Boulder. Im a complete noob though. Picking up my equipment tonight. We should start a gang or somethin.

TheClosetBrewery said:
Any suggestions? I heard there was a place in Ft. Collins.

There is a place in FoCo, haven't been or heard anything about it. Beer at Home in Westminster sucks, their prices are really high and they wouldn't let me adjust the grain mill, ended up with like 50% efficiency on the batch I bought the grains for there. I now have a barley mill, so I may buy in bulk from them if their prices are decent on bags. I also went to The Brew Hut, it is in Aurora, which to me is like going to the moon and back, but they are super nice, have a great brewery next door, and have a great selection. Prices are ok...we got spoiled by What's Brewin', they had crazily low grain prices and decent selection, if not for the guys that worked there being jerks most of the time.

Thirdeye said:
Hey bro. I work in Boulder. Im a complete noob though. Picking up my equipment tonight. We should start a gang or somethin.

Where did you get your stuff at? Let me know if you need a (slightly) experienced hand to help out with a brew, I'm generally up to brew and drink some beer:mug:

ColoradoXJ13 said:
There is a place in FoCo, haven't been or heard anything about it. Beer at Home in Westminster sucks, their prices are really high and they wouldn't let me adjust the grain mill, ended up with like 50% efficiency on the batch I bought the grains for there. I now have a barley mill, so I may buy in bulk from them if their prices are decent on bags. I also went to The Brew Hut, it is in Aurora, which to me is like going to the moon and back, but they are super nice, have a great brewery next door, and have a great selection. Prices are ok...we got spoiled by What's Brewin', they had crazily low grain prices and decent selection, if not for the guys that worked there being jerks most of the time.

Well, hopefully I'll get up north and check that place out. I haven't really heard good things about the Westminster place.

I always found What's Brewin' to be hit or miss. The prices were great, but I agree that the folks who worked there could occasionally be jackasses. It was much more layed back before John passed away, I would often go in there for something cheap (sanitizer, or an airlock or something) and end up hanging out drinking beer with those guys for 45 min or an hour. But after it was just Levi, and he hired all those young kids (who didn't looking anywhere near old enough to drink beer), I can hardly blame him for not having his heart in it.

I miss the days of WB being out on north 28th, you could go get amazing $1 tacos at that carniceria while your malt drained.

Latest posts

Back